Ragamuffin & Tumbleweed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doodle

Reaction score
Hi, I'mnew here & will make this a "home thread" for posting stories,pictures and updates about my bunny family...

I'm Kim but often go by my initials KC. You can call me whatyou like. :) I'm a 36 year old college student majoring inwriting and a single mom to 2 bunnies, a dog, and a cat (my pets are mykids):

Ragamuffin - (aka Muff) - Jersey Wooly
Tumbleweed - (aka Tumble) - Rex / Palomino
Jack - (aka Scruffy Lips) - Labradoodle
Piper - (aka Bagpipe Lungs) - Siamese mutt

:D

These are the bunnies :D Ragamuffin& Tumbleweed, aka Muff &Tumble. They were both born Feb/2005, but Muff isabout 3 weeks older than Tumble. Muff is a Jersey Wooly, a"false dwarf" oversized at 5 lbs. Tumble is half standard Rexand half Palomino with wavy rex fur and weighs 8 lbs.

Their story:
They are my first two rabbits, and I got them this spring when my momwas looking at bunnies for my nephews. I told her she wasmaking me want one, and she said, "I'll get you one!" Shepicked out the Jersey Wooly for me, and when I went to meet her, I sawthis other lil baby I just couldn't resist. So I came homewith two. They were together until they started fighting atabout 5 months, so I separated them. They were finally spayedlast week, and I hope to bond them back together once they've recoveredfrom the surgeries and the hormones. :) They are both really sweettempered and love attention and affection.

Muff
100705d.jpg

Tumble
092305b.jpg

My favorite baby picture of them:
0402b.jpg

This is my kitty, Piper. She is a 4 year old spayed female Siamese mutt. :D

Her story:
I had chosen a fluffy orange and white (boy) kitten from a local rescuegroup and went to meet him. When I got there, they hadbrought the wrong kitten, this little Siamese girl, who happened tolook just like my other cat, Lily (who is gone now). I fellin love with the "wrong" kitty instantly and took her home withme. Her meow was so loud for such a tiny little thing, I keptcalling her "Bagpipe Lungs." And that's how she got the namePiper. :)

piper0905a.jpg

More kitty pictures here: http://fotop.net/kim/cats

This is my boy, Jack,affectionately known as "Scruffy Lips." He's a Labradoodle(half Lab, half standard poodle), neutered, and will be 3 yrs old soon(in November).

His story:
He came to me, I believe, by fate when a buyer backed out at the lastminute, and the breeder was scheduled to leave for vacation the nextday. They practically gave him to me because he needed aplace to go. Otherwise, I never could have afforded the priceof a Labradoodle. He has been such a blessing in my life,such a sweetheart and a hilarious clown. He keeps melaughing, even on bad days. :D

jack092305.jpg

More pictures of him here: http://fotop.net/kim/jack

Gee, I didn't realize I was posting sooo much until I went back and looked at it all!
:embarrassed:

Maybe I should go back and edit some of it out, LOL.
Sorry if it's too much to read. :shock:

Those are some cute pics KC. I love your kitty's eyes. Shes pretty. And of course I love Muff and Tumble. They are cutie pies!!
And Jack looks like lots of fun. I love dogs.

Welcome Kim. Don't worry about edittinga thing. This is what your home page is for. To share about yourselfand your babies. There can never be too many stories or pictures.

Tina

Kim,

Your fur kids are beautiful, but I think Tumble is my personalfavorite. I've never seen a Rexamino before. :DThat's definitely a winning combination!

Laura

What cuties!! I love the babybunnypictures. It is so cool you have a specialstoriesabout getting each of your pets. I love the eyes onPiper, she is gorgeous!And the look on Jack's face ispriceless.

Lissa

Hi and Welcome. Your pets are cute.

Do you know of a good website about laberdoddles? They are becoming very intriguing to me.;)

Tumble is my FAVORITE!!! I just love that coloring on rabbits...I should add it to my "must have" list. :)

I like the stories you included for each pet. What kind of writing do you mean when you say you're majoring in it?

Wow beautiful pictures, all your animals are gorgeous!

Look at that gorgeous velvet rex fur! His colour is amazing too. I lovethat bunny! The two of them look so much in love. What precious cuties.

Piper well, I just love cats and she is a fine example. What beautiful blue eyes.

I have a question about Jack though. I used to have two labradors as achild and my Nannd and Grandad had a poodle. The labs malted like crazyall throught the year but the poodle didnt malt at all. Does he malt?He's beautiful anyway.

Welcome and I'll look forward to more pictures of them all too ;).

Vickie

Thanks, everyone, for your welcoming comments. :)

Laura wrote:
I've never seen a Rexamino before.
LOL, a Rexamino! I never thought of it that way. :D

loplover wrote:
Do you know of a good website about laberdoddles?
Without advertising any particular breeder sites...I like this one:

http://www.goldendoodles.com/home.htm

Elf Mommy wrote:
What kind of writing do you mean when you say you're majoring in it?
Well, the degree is called "Professional and TechnicalWriting." But I'm focusing more on creative nonfiction thanbusiness or technical writing. I'm interested in fiction too,but that's an entirely different degree, and I don't have thepersonality for journalism (much too shy).

DaisyNBuster wrote:
I have a question about Jack though. I used to have twolabradors as a child and my Nannd and Grandad had a poodle. The labsmalted like crazy all throught the year but the poodle didnt malt atall. Does he malt? He's beautiful anyway.
Yes, Jack sheds profusely! Some Labradoodles arelow or non-shedding and allergy friendly, but they have the curlyfleece coat more like a poodle. They also require moregrooming because they tend to matt. I actually prefer Jack'sscruffy "hair" because it's easier to maintain, and besides, he'sadorable. :D hehe

Yay, I'm feeling encouraged about bonding Muff& Tumble. :D They were worse than ever when they camehome from their spays trying to box and bite each other through thecage bars. It's been 2 weeks now, and they aren't doing anyof that anymore, not even marking the floor in front of each other'scages anymore!

I took the first step today and moved their cages together so they'retouching. They're being good laying next to eachother. I don't want to push them too fast, but sure amanxious for them to be bonded again. Y'all send them goodwishes, and any tips you have would be greatly appreciated. Ineed to do a search and read all the previous bonding threads...thereare bound to be lots, lol.

Anyway, this kinda marks the first day toward bonding them, so we'll see how long it takes! :)

Aww I love your furry family ! I'm sure thebonding will go fine, my bunnies were bonded about 2 weeks afterSmurfy's spay. It should be just fine.

Latest posts

Back