Racer lives life in the fast lane!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bunny Date 3: Racer meets LeeHom in her territory!

Aside from a little chasing, it was good, no fighting, a little chasing, some humping and a bunch of grooming. They seemed content to flop down onto the carpet but separately.

Better than fighting right?

I know i may have rushed the introduction of Racer into LeeHom's area but i felt that they were getting along nicely so i'd give it a try.

Next stop a car ride together?

Part 2 of the bonding session uploading as we speak.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/OzLkj43nKkE&hl=en&fs=1[/flash][flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/OzLkj43nKkE&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Date 3: Part 2

They seemed content to flop next to each other, no fighting, looks promising considering its in LeeHom's territory.

If i cant drive them together tonight then i'll video LeeHom in Racer's territory.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/943VCcH3AqU&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Its been pretty hectic so Racer and LeeHom have had limited time together, since there was little interest in filmed meetings between the two rabbits I’ve stopped doing it.

In the time lately they’ve been spending together it seems they’re quite happy apart from when LeeHom tries to mount Racer’s face, he doesn’t like that, I think Racer is keen on staying the dominant one.

Its now been around 6 weeks since Racers neutering, and he is starting to act more normal like he was before his neuter. He’s affectionate again and spends more time on my lap and licking my face like he used to. Post-op and for around 1 month he was a bit of a loner content to sit in a corner of my room to himself, but now he’s more inclined to jump up onto the bed and hang out again like he used to.

OMG! They are so sweet together! I wish bonding my guys had been half that easy. She's so patient with the young wippersnapper. No, groom the head, no, the head, no, groom, sigh, groom the head, no, no, the head... hehee. Too cute. I think she's the dominant one, a very patient dominant one. She doesn't let him mount her for long and consistently swings around presenting her head. And she seems thrilled over this newbie. Even did some binkies. Do you think they need the car ride? They look so relaxed around each other. Are they going to share the room eventually?

I love the videos. I'd take them just for myself...home pictures to be watched for old times' sake.

My guys only stayed together about 5 min. before I had to separate them the first time. I had a squirt gun and a box for penning and lots of hiding places and obstacles for both to use for evasion. I had to use the squirt gun a lot and had to break up humping contests and tifts. Yours are doing great compared to mine. Mine are now fast buddies, but it was not easy.

Thanks DartNRun, they're pretty good around each other.

This week i'm moving LeeHom into a play pen next to Racer and they'll live separated side by side with daily meetings.

After about 3-4 weeks of this i may start putting them together in the pens if they are getting along while im around.

When should i put them together in the pen? The problem is i cant put them in the pen together and watch them as the pens are in another room.

I've only put together these two. Can you leave the door open, maybe a gate? Bring a chair into the hall with something to do, read, listen to music? The room didn't look too small. Maybe you could hang out there with them. My hubby is home all day, so he could keep an eye on them, though I did the refereeing to begin with. I think after a week of them getting along during the day, we let them stay together at night. I washed as much as I could to change the smell to strange for both of them, and included both of their hiding boxes and both litter boxes when they were together. I also put something new in there to distract them from each other. Since my hubby often can't make it up the stairs to bed, he was downstairs for their first nights together. They have had two spats since (that I know of), in which Truffle just reasserted his dominance, chasing and humping poor Dart for a minute or so. Dart stayed upstairs, pouting and Truffle went back downstairs. I think it was started by Dart grooming Truffle too roughly. I think the best thing in their environment for helping avoid tiffs were lots of hiding places and obstacles. One would run dodge till the other gave up. Plus, then they can play tag.

Interesting ideas! It will be challening to set up an environment like that but i'll keep you posted as i progress!!

Just a quick update:

They've been moved side by side, and are getting along well. They groom each other through the fence.

its not a perfect world though, although LeeHom often puts her head down to be groomed, Racer likes running behind her and humping her (he's neutered).

She'll put up with it sometimes, other times she'll run away.

Sometimes she'll hump him and he'll run and they chase each other.

No biting though.

Hi there,

Just an update, its been a while:

Racer and LeeHom were living happily together for about a month, but unforunately together they were creating a HUGE mess in the house, including far more shedding, pee everywhere, poops not in trays, flipping bowls and all sorts of mischief.

Since separating them and giving them occasional bunny dates, they both seem to be back to normal (pee and poops in litter trays, no more bowl flipping and less hair everywhere).

Thanks for all your help with the bonding, i'll still be posting about Racer though.

I've got a thread in the infirmary right now as it seems Racer is not eating well and is passing some poop which is strung together by hair.

I've got some Oxbow critical care i'll give to him tonight, he's currently on a water and hay diet, trying to get him moving again!

Thanks for the update. Sending good wishes to Racer for a speedy recovery!

When you get a chance, looking forward to more pics of them!

Latest posts

Back