Rabbits for Dummies by Audrey Pavia

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyMommy

Reaction score
Based on Carolyn's and Buck's excellent advice Idecided to order this book. It arrived yesterday and I gaveit a good read through.

This is an EXCELLENT manual for both the novice and experienced bunnyowner. It contains a comprehensive expand of informationrelating to all aspects of rabbit care and ownership. Youcould almost title it, "Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About aRabbit".

If you're thinking of buying a rabbit or just want to know more aboutthe one you already have, this is a must-have for your personallibrary.

Follow this link for author info, Table of Contents, and a full chapter excerpt:

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesTitle/productCd-076450861X.html

Follow this link for tricks to train your rabbit:

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesArticle/id-1636.html

Hope this helps!

[align=center] [/align]

I'm so glad you like it, BunnyMommy. I found it equally as impressive.

It's a great suggestion for you to postthis.

-Carolyn

Obviously, I concur with you two ladies about Ms.Pavia's book. I'd also like to recommend WHY DOES MYRABBIT...? by Anne McBride, Souvenir Press,(1998, 2000,2001) as a guide devoted to rabbit behaviors, more than a"how to" raise rabbits book. An Englishwoman, she has her PhDin animal psychology and is a member of the Association of PetBehaviour Counsellors, which is located in Britain.

If you want the "breeders' bible," you'll want to pick up RABBITPRODUCTION, by McNitt/Patton/Lukefahr/Cheeke. It coversalmost all aspects of rabbit fancying in a very erudite and textbookish manner and offers invaluable suggestions, that had stood thetest of time and experience, for dealing with the myriad of problemsand difficulties one can encounter while living with our furry littlefriends. Pricey, but worth the price, if you want the bestinformation currently available. You can find earliereditions on the used market for much lower prices and not give up toomuch information. I have the eighth edition published in 2000.

Buck

Thanks, Buck!

Sounds like two more great suggestions. Will add them to my library as well.

I can NOT wait to get home, for books!! (takes upto 4 months to order in the stores here!!) but then again, with all ofyou and your excellent advice......:D

Just thought I would throw in my appreciation whilst we were on the subject of rabbit advice:)

Here are a few other really good rabbit books that I have run across.

Barron's The Rabbit Handbook by Karen Gendron (It has anexcellent section on general feeding guidelines that lists a rabbitsage and what it should be eating at that time and how much.)

Rabbit Handbook by David Taylor (It has a great section on rabbit diseases. Also a lot of info for a beginner.)

Barron's Hop To It by Samantha Hunter (It is a guide to training your pet rabbit.)

The guide to training my rabbit would work IF my rabbit wasn't alreadyspoiled absolutely rotten! He definitely knows who rules theroost....He does!! :D

But I wouldn't have it any other way. Hope these books help.

Wabbitwuv

Thanks Wabbitwuv and Buck for the suggestions. I think good rabbitbooks are hard to find, so I buy any I see. Thanks a lot for writingthat. It's great to know.

I also keep a rabbit binder as per Buck's suggestion of posts orreferences I like to keep onhand. It's an excellent resource.

Bunnymommy, see what you inspired again?

And get a-load of Sherman! He's The Leader of The Hip Hop Gang.

He wouldn't have it Any Other Way, and don't we All know it!

-Carolyn

lol Wabbitwuv, I finally realised I'm not trainingMocha, he's training me. I keep trying to get him to come on command,but when he doesn't, I inch closer. I guess he's got me trained to comeon command! If I wasn't such a suck maybe I could manage to train himright. I want to be able to take him in the school yard, not so easy atthe moment, even with the harness he goes nuts.

Great suggestions all, Wabbitwuv. Thanks for sharing.

That Barron's Hop To It looks like one that I would especially be interested in.

I have many rabbit books also, but I agreeRabbits for Dummies is an excellent all-around text. Itcovers everything, including the sport of rabbit jumping! Audrey Paviaalso wrote The Rabbit, part of the series AnOwners Guide To a Happy, Healthy Pet.

By the way, hello there, rabbit lover in China!

Maria

aww my own special hullo :)

very sweet thank you indeed!! counting down the months??? woooohooooo

Cher

Latest posts

Back