Rabbits chewing everything

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lschaafsma

Reaction score
Help.... My rabbit is chewing everything. He is a year and is neutered.
He is actually pulling and peeling the dry wall in my house, as well as eating the trim.
Anyone have any ideas of how to prevent this?

buy more toy(s) for the little and you ll have to start bunny proofing =0)

you have to keep him occupied w/ other thing(s) to get him off of his bad habit(s) IMO

I make many things for my buns while they are chewing:
1-store brought toys
2-A small cardboard box with there fav treats or thing in it
3-a Pringles container with they fav treat in it
4- a woven mat, someone posted a Tutorial....
5-I cut cardboard into little shapes (carrots etc.) and give them to them and they love it. Also sometimes I cut a carrot or grass and smudge the juice on it and they adore you for giving it to them. Once one of my buns storm did a triple binky😂

Good luck with your bun😊

You need to
1. Buy more toys
2.give him attention and distractions
3. Stop him from going into the rooms where things are being chewed
4. If you catch him chewing pick him up and put him in another room
5. Make sure there is alway available food, it could be that your bunny is hungry.
6. Stop him in the act
Chewing is natural for rabbits, the more you train him not to chew the less he will do it.

-BonnieBoyyss

Are you providing unlimited hay for your rabbit and is it refreshed every day? Hay provides much of the chewing needs of rabbits.

Nevertheless, there are some rabbits that are more voracious chewers. Cardboard boxes, seagrass mats and other chewable items may provide some distraction, but the main thing you'll need to do is bunny proof.

What level of bunny proofing is needed is always dependent upon the individual bunny. Yours sounds like one of the more difficult ones. The following site shows some great bunny proofing tips which you can implement to prevent too much destruction.
http://myhouserabbit.com/rabbit-care/bunny-proofing-your-house/

If all else fails, you could resort to creating a safe space with a couple of exercise pens connected together.

Latest posts

Back