Rabbit with sore on her ear and an ear infection

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leaf

Reaction score
This just came to my email from a Missouri based farm/livestockyahoo group I am on:

Help me please! I rescued a Rabbit and she has a big soar on the ear
lob and the infection was running into her ear. she is not eating, I
have finely got her to drink some water but I do not have knowledge for
this so could some one give me some suggestions? If I need to I could
send a picture.

I've emailed the person to encourage her to come to the forum to get some help. In the event that they don't sign up is there any advice you guys could share that I could pass on to them?

I need some library links and vet resources, I suppose - but any additional information would be appreciated.

I know the posting isn't a lot to go on at this point but how about suggestions for overnight care until the vets open on Monday?

... ETA:

Can unregistered members access the library links?

From the information given, it sounds like the rabbit has progressed into a very serious systemic infection and needs to be seen by the vet ASAP.

I advise keeping the rabbit warm and giving Nutri Cal until the vet visit. The rabbit will need antibiotics, possibly anti-inflammatory medsand may need to be put on a drip if dehydrated.

Pam

Thank you leaf I did sign up and I am here under kippy, Tinkerbell is her name just because she is so beautiful and has a girlish personality but she does look to be a old rabbit. :)kippy

Nutri cal is in a tube in the petstore. Like a tube of toothpaste. It's something that boosts their system - loaded with vitamins. There are different flavors - I think everyone gets the one that's mint? Might be in the cat dept?

Kippy, I'm glad you made it over here. We have a lot of good people here that really make a difference in the rabbit world.

Could you post a picture of her? I'll try to find some forum links for you to look at. Do you have a vet already that will care for rabbits? I think I'm a little over an hour away from you but if theres any way I can help please let me know.

Here's what Nutri-Cal looks like, for your reference:
100_1572.jpg

How's Tinkerbell doing? I'll be praying for her...:pray: :hug:

Latest posts

Back