Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moshimoud112

Reaction score
Hi everyone my rabbit has been a little bit Off for the past couple of days, she’s still pooing and eating all her food but she’s constantly doing small little wees everywhere and she doesn’t usually do that! She’s only in her pen at night Until I wake up in the morning and usually she’ll wee in her litter tray but she’s been doing tiny little wees all over her Pen, i sat up with her last night and she just kept weeing over the blanket on my bed, her wee looks a normal colour it’s yellow but I have seen some white bits in it, she’s not as energetic as usual, every night i check on her and she gets exited and starts playing with her teddy’s and zooming about but she hasn’t been doing it for a couple of days so I can definitely tell she’s not her normal self, she does have dental issues she was only at the vets a couple of days ago and he said he can feel her molars start to irritate her jaw but apparently they don’t want to pull them out right now and it’s best to wait for a while until they come a bit loose? She’s on a dosage of 1ml of metacam and has been for about 8 months now Im literally a regular at the vet because of her teeth issues! Im not quite sure what this could be though? I don’t know if it’s to do with her teeth or a uti, she’s never had a uti before so I haven’t really experienced this, could anyone give me some advice please?

Just a side note I said She went to the vet a couple of days ago It was actually last Friday sorry about that misinformation, she definitely wasn’t doing this weeing everywhere before the vet appointment, he also upped her metacam dosage from 0.8 to 1ml so I’m not sure if the change of that has caused anything? I’ve been sitting up with her all night I shook her treats and she came running over honking like she usually does which is good! Her ears seem to be a bit itchy for some reason, she was grinding her teeth whilst laying down a couple of hours ago and the wees are still very little it’s like she will do a bit of a wee then a couple of minutes later do another bit it’s very strange I also massaged her belly for 5 minutes just to see if that would help. That’s just some extra information for whoever reads

A uti is possible. Bladder sludge is another possibility, especially if you're seeing any pasty bits in the urine or thick creamy urine. Or it could be both. I would suggest contacting your vet. You may need to get your bun in for a urine test and/or xrays. If it's bladder sludge, you may also need to make some changes to the diet.

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Bladder_sludge_and_stones

A uti is possible. Bladder sludge is another possibility, especially if you're seeing any pasty bits in the urine or thick creamy urine. Or it could be both. I would suggest contacting your vet. You may need to get your bun in for a urine test and/or xrays. If it's bladder sludge, you may also need to make some changes to the diet.

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Bladder_sludge_and_stones
Thank you for your reply, how do they develop bladder sludge? And yes some of the little wees she’s done have been a creamy consistency but the majority have been normal.

I see you are in London. Is your vet on the RWAF vet list? I'm alarmed by the mention of pulling molars. That is a very serious operation. How old is your bunny? You might want to consider taking her to the Beaumont: RVC Small Animal Veterinary Practice and Hospital
I see you are in London. Is your vet on the RWAF vet list? I'm alarmed by the mention of pulling molars. That is a very serious operation. How old is your bunny? You might want to consider taking her to the Beaumont: RVC Small Animal Veterinary Practice and Hospital
Hi the vet mentioned that the they tend to avoid the surgery as much as possible as it can break their jaw or something along the lines of that? Is their any other options that you can recommend for her teeth issues, also I’m not quite sure if they are on the RWAF I will have to double check thank you for the information and reply!

Also I’m in Essex which is just outside of london, Im not to sure if the vet I attend is rabbit savvy , the vet I usually see seems to have some knowledge and has good reviews on their website with other peoples rabbits my girls been seeing him for a year now but it seems like it’s just issue after issue. When my usual Vet was away I saw a replacement vet and she was incredible she had rabbits of her own and knew exactly what she was talking about! I wish I knew what vets she’s based at i definitely felt more at ease with her than the normal vet I see, if anyone has any recommendations for rabbit savvy vets in Essex that would be great 🥰

Thank you for your reply, how do they develop bladder sludge? And yes some of the little wees she’s done have been a creamy consistency but the majority have been normal.

Excess dietary calcium is excreted in the urine. For some rabbits this can develop into bladder sludge. There isn't a known cause why some rabbits have an issue and some don't. For those that do, excess dietary calcium may play a part, as can the rabbits activity level, as an active rabbit jumping and running, can help keep the bladder contents churned up and more easily expressed when a rabbit urinates.

If you read the link I shared and the additional references and links in it, it helps explain all of this better.

http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/diet-lowcalcium.asp

Also I’m in Essex which is just outside of london, Im not to sure if the vet I attend is rabbit savvy , the vet I usually see seems to have some knowledge and has good reviews on their website with other peoples rabbits my girls been seeing him for a year now but it seems like it’s just issue after issue. When my usual Vet was away I saw a replacement vet and she was incredible she had rabbits of her own and knew exactly what she was talking about! I wish I knew what vets she’s based at i definitely felt more at ease with her than the normal vet I see, if anyone has any recommendations for rabbit savvy vets in Essex that would be great 🥰
Have a look here: Recommended Rabbit-Friendly Vets

Back