rabbit sneezing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mezeta

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im worried about my little girl she started sneezing on Tuesday but her nose looked clean so thought it was an allergy as I had just cleaned her cage out with a new pet cleaning spray I had got. So washed the cage out fully to get rid of it and after she seemed fine, however my boyfriend has just rang me to say last night she started sneezing again and her nose did look runny a bit on one side and she was wiping her face, he checked on her again this morning and she seems fine.

I told him to look at her eyes, nose and her paws to see if they look matted and he said they are fine.

What do you think it is? If it's an allergy I don't want to be rushing her down the vets just for them to tell me it's an allergy because I'm looking to change vets as they have new staff, become money grabbing and they have been making mistakes and I'm a little annoyed at them as we had her microchipped and askedthemto look at her paw while we was there he said it was sore because of she sometimes goes running on the kitchen floor and they charged us £21.00 for the microchiping (which was fine) and they didn't tell us this but they charge another £21.00 as consult fee for doing the microchipping and then another £21.00 for asking the question about the paw!!.

Sorry I'm rambling a bit, but regardless of that if it's the beginning of an infection obviously I want to take her down straight away which I know I most likely will be doing anyway I just thought I would see what everyone else thinks first.

Thank you, and sorry again for my rambling post :)

Mine sneeze now and then (sometimes a round of sneezes), then I don't hear anything for a couple days. I just chock it up to them having gotten a small piece of hay, or maybe dust, up their nose.

I've noticed, too, that if I give them less dusty hay, they sneeze like that less...so I don't use the parts that fall off at the end of each bale.

Anyway, I think it's just that she got something up her nose...:)

Just keep an eye on her like you're doing...and you're so right about checking her paws, as a bun might have a clean nose, but because they're wiping the mucous on their paws. Good call!

Hugs!

Rosie*

Latest posts

Back