Rabbit Safe Cleaning Products?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashleyxxpiano

Reaction score
Hello, I'm wondering if there are any rabbit safe deodorizers and cage cleaning products that work well for you. I am specifically looking for one deodorizer (something along the lines of Febreze thats not harmful to their lungs) and one cage cleaner for the litter box. Thanks! :bunny19

50% water and 50% vinegar is the safest, although if there are tough stains I use regular household cleaning products and just rinse/wipe any chemical residue off thoroughly with warm water before putting the bunnies back in.

I also use diluted vinegar to wipe down the cage. For that crusty urine build-up in the litter box, I just soak it with straight vinegar and it comes right off.

That's for cage and litter box cleaning. But I'm a bit concerned about the question on deodorizers. There should be no need for any deodorizers in or near a rabbit cage. (nor do I know of any that would be safe around rabbits) With a good litter box set up, there shouldn't really be any odor coming from the cage. I currently have 2 rabbits sharing a litter box and I only change it out every 3 days. I honestly have zero smell between then. Maybe you just need to make some adjustments to your set up?

Original dawn dish soap or small animal natures miracle these are what I use.

If you ever need to disinfect one of the best things to use is 10% bleach solution. Just make sure the cage airs out and is dry before putting the rabbit back in.

Back