Rabbit is rolling around

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juste

Reaction score
Hi, so i have my bunny for around a month, just a week ago she did that flopping thing for the first time. Yesterday she did something new, she was running around quickly and binkying, jumped on the bed started to dig than began to roll around like she was trying to find comfortable position. After that she was lying all streched. Is this normal behaviour?
20200317_185429.jpg

Welcome to the forum! Yes, this is normal and it just means she is happy. She is a very pretty bunny, and I love her blue eyes!

Welcome to the forum! Yes, this is normal and it just means she is happy. She is a very pretty bunny, and I love her blue eyes!

Thank you! I just never seen rabbit doing this, looks like a puppy :) thought that maybe theres something wrong with her, as my friend suggested that maybe she had some mites and trying to ease the itch by rollong around..

Now that you mention that, it could be mites. I would check her fur and see if you see any fleas, mites, dry skin, etc.

I think it could be either but I have a feeling she is just happy. If there was no signs earlier than she is probably just happy.

Rabbits aren't like dogs, that roll.on their back to scratch an itch, so a skin problem is very unlikely .

She's most likely relaxed and trying to just find a comfortable position. Rabbits flopping on their back isn't terribly common, but it does happen. I had some baby bunnies that would flop out and fall asleep with all 4 feet sticking straight up in the air.

Thank you all for replies, she seems fine otherwise, checked her ears and fur.

She's just happy and feeling safe and comfortable with you :)

One of mine does this quite a lot. The one in my profile picture. She freaked me out the first time. She just flopped really heavily onto the floor rolled around and totally relaxed. I thought she had died. She's rather dramatic and I've got used to it now.

script>

Latest posts

Back