Rabbit Habbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freckledimple

Reaction score
I was playing with my "Bunny Boys" and was getting upset with Randy constantly trying to 'dominate' Leland. So, I decided to do a sex check. Uh-oh! Leland's a girl! So, we officially have changed "his" name to Sharona. Now, I just have to hope none of the 'dominance' games result in kits. Needless to say, we sepparated them. they are only about 5 months old. Do I need to worry about pregnancy? How far apart do I need to keep them so they can see each other, but not physically interact? I'll be looking up these questions, but I would DEFINATELY appreciate some input as well.

Attack of the Gender Fairy!

IMO, I'd get Sharona spayed soon. She could very well be pregnant. Unless she's a large breed, she should be ok to get spayed now.

It's actually kinda my fault :embarrassed: When I got them, they said they were both boys. I didn't try to sex them until they were more comfortable with me. I was able to check one; but the other threw such a fit when I tried to turn "him" over :juggle, I decided to wait for a day or so :bunnydance:. Later, I couldn't remember which one I checked. and since they looked so much alike, I didn't worry bout it :shame Their genders are actually quite clear, I just forgot to check both of them.

PS. We're going to try to get them both to the vet this week to get fixed :highfive:

I would keep them as close together as possible if you are wanting them to stay bonded after being fixed. So long as there is a couple of inches between the cages, you won't have to worry about the slim chance of through the wire breeding. And that way they can still see/smell each other. Their scents will change after being neutered/spayed, but if they are close together they should adjust to it.

Back