Rabbit Habbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freckledimple

Reaction score
I was playing with my "Bunny Boys" and was getting upset with Randy constantly trying to 'dominate' Leland. So, I decided to do a sex check. Uh-oh! Leland's a girl! So, we officially have changed "his" name to Sharona. Now, I just have to hope none of the 'dominance' games result in kits. Needless to say, we sepparated them. they are only about 5 months old. Do I need to worry about pregnancy? How far apart do I need to keep them so they can see each other, but not physically interact? I'll be looking up these questions, but I would DEFINATELY appreciate some input as well.

Moved this here. Better section for it.

Attack of the Gender Fairy!

IMO, I'd get Sharona spayed soon. She could very well be pregnant. Unless she's a large breed, she should be ok to get spayed now.

It's actually kinda my fault :embarrassed: When I got them, they said they were both boys. I didn't try to sex them until they were more comfortable with me. I was able to check one; but the other threw such a fit when I tried to turn "him" over :juggle, I decided to wait for a day or so :bunnydance:. Later, I couldn't remember which one I checked. and since they looked so much alike, I didn't worry bout it :shame Their genders are actually quite clear, I just forgot to check both of them.

PS. We're going to try to get them both to the vet this week to get fixed :highfive:

I would keep them as close together as possible if you are wanting them to stay bonded after being fixed. So long as there is a couple of inches between the cages, you won't have to worry about the slim chance of through the wire breeding. And that way they can still see/smell each other. Their scents will change after being neutered/spayed, but if they are close together they should adjust to it.

Latest posts

Back