Rabbit eating too quickly?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miyumiyu

Reaction score
Just a quick question regarding rabbit diet. My fluffy little lop mix is between 3.5 and 4 lbs, and she gets 1/2 cup of Oxbow pellets a day, with lots of hay in between. My big fat flemish gets about a cup a day.

The flemish's pellets last almost the entire day because he spaces out when he eats them, but my lop gobbles hers up almost immediately. Within the hour they're usually gone.

Is this healthy for her? Should I be giving her more pellets, or perhaps space out her feeding times more? They both get fresh hay 2-3 times a day. Thanks!

My rabbits do the same thing. They go crazy for their pellets and eat them all at once as soon as I offer them.
Since bunny has constant hay, she'll be just fine.
If her weight starts to drop, you could consider increasing pellets slightly. But if she's just an excited eater, that doesn't mean that she isn't getting enough.

Like Blue Eyes said, I wouldn't worry too much. My rabbit does the same thing. She goes crazy for her food. Just make sure that they have a constant supply of hay and they will be okay. If you are still a little worried about it, then make sure to watch your buns weight. If she is staying at a good weight, then you are feeding her just fine! I wish you all the best luck with you rabbits.

Latest posts

Back