Rabbit/Cat relationship question

• Thread starter Sophie's Humble Servant
  • Start date
Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sophie's Humble Servant

Sophie loves my cat. I wasn't sure for the first few months we had Sophie but I know this for certain now.

Sophie binkies right in front of Chipsie, she runs around her in circles, she shuffles against her, sniffs her incessantly and more recently, Sophie bowed her head in front of Chipsie so that she could be groomed!(I was right by them on the floor when this happened so I snuck a little petting in on Sophie's head, pretending I was Chipsie. Ohhh the tooth purr! Lol

Anyway, I have a theory on why Sophie likes my cat so much. I thought maybe it was because my cat doesn't make eye contact with Sophie very much. I know that predators will stare at the eyes of their prey so since my cat doesn't do this intimidating action, maybe Sophie doesn't feel threatened by her? My cat is honestly the most kind and gentle girl. She doesn't act like a predator. I always montitor them together though. The only time my cat sniffs Sophie is when Sophie isn't looking! Lol

What do you think?

Did I ask a weird question?

Responses anyone? Lol

my boyfriend's last bunny was a free house bunny that shared the house with a cat. They got along great and had no issues.

of the current three. Oreo only investigates my cat when she isn't looking... Daisy was in love with her until she befriended Oreo, now she will chase my cat in an aggressive behavior (more so since they have gotten to claim the living room and moved in at the same time as the cat who was locked in the bed room at the beginning.

And Puff will sniff at her and invvestigate her but my cat normally heads off before much else can happen. If she is laying somewhere she will smack their face (no claws) if she really doesn't want to move...but she always looses the fight....

I don't really have an opinion! Haha. But thats far too cute!

Whats your cat's energy/personality like? I know my one dog prefers older dogs that ignore her, or pay little attention to her. And she really dislikes dog's that are too energetic. Maybe Sophie is similar.

My cat is calm and loving. Although an animal communicator once told me that even though my kitty is old and slower, her spirit is perky and energetic. Maybe Sophie picks up on that, I dunno. I just thought that maybe because my cat doesn't look her in the eye makes Sophie feel less like prey?

Latest posts

Back