Rabbit Bitten

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sedgewick

Reaction score
Yesterday I discovered that my 2 year old Dutch has two little bumps with scabs on the skin between her shoulder blades. Obviously she has been bitten. She lives with another female who is really docile so I cannot blame her. She is not exposed to cats, dogs, raccoons or squirrels. The bumps are match head size at most. She must have scratched them at one time for them to scab. When I feel them I do not feel any hematoma under the skin. She is acting normal, eats and drinks and runs and plays and her bathroom habits are unchanged. She seems oblivious to them. She doesn't flinch whenI touch them. I cannot hold her long enough to look at them. She is a very nervous rabbit. My only guess is mosquito or spider. At the moment I am checking them but wonder if I should take her to a vet.

Put a little betadine on it, it should be fine. My guys get bites and nicks all the time, they never have abscessed.

sas :nurse:

Yes, it sounds like just mosquito bites. You must not have been nearby when the mosquito was looking for someone to bite, as I'd think a person would be easier than a rabbit to bite.

Thanks for the answers. I feel a bit better now. The small bumps are still there with a scab but scabbing is healing I believe. I guess I am a bit paranoid after losing my 13 year old bunny in February and the thought of losing another would be too much.

Latest posts

Back