Rabbit (age 10 months) won’t let me hold him at all

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BentheBun.T

Reaction score
My rabbit won’t let me or anyone hold him and it’s really annoying because when we do try he kicks and squirms and gets very aggressive :/
is there anyway I can stop this and make him trust me enough to let me pick him up/even hold him

He’s a boy if that helps with helping me

Hi, you need to build trust first, when you are trying forcing him to love you he will be even more scared of you and that's why he gets defensive, he can also start biting if you won't let him be.

I assume he is new to your home and if you could give more info how old is he, is he neutered and where you got him from, petstore or breeder or rescue or else, any pictures of him and his setup his place where he lives like a cage or playpen, his toilet, his food etc, also would help us to advise more.

Oh I see in the title of the thread that he is 10 months old, how long is he with you and is he neutered?

Last edited:
My rabbit won’t let me or anyone hold him and it’s really annoying because when we do try he kicks and squirms and gets very aggressive :/
is there anyway I can stop this and make him trust me enough to let me pick him up/even hold him

He’s a boy if that helps with helping me

Also I would like to say that rabbits don't like to be held because they are prey animals and feel vulnerable with being held, especially if you haven't developed a bond between them. Rabbits aren't generally cuddly animals like they show on TV, they like to be on the floor unless they have a strong bond with their human.

So i found this article, it kinda helped me. My bunny still don't like when i hold her. But when i need to pick her up and place her in her cage she doesn't kick.. mostly 😁 Before i was feeling how her hart was beating fast if i was trying to pick her up, and now she is calmer.
How to Pick Up a Rabbit that Hates it

Back