rabbit’s poop is smaller than usual?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aphxea

Reaction score
i’ve just come back from a four day long trip out of state and was unable to bring my rabbit with me. luckily my local pet stop took in rabbits to be boarded (pet hotel type of thing) and with my observations they seemed to take good care of them (some rabbits being given good space, hay, veggies, etc.) aside from a few i saw locked inside small cages with only pellets and water. i asked about my rabbit being given hay/veggies/bigger space and they said they provided that. what my issue is now is that my rabbit has come home and her droppings are now the size of the ones that she had when she was just a few weeks old (my rabbit is a little over a year old). i’m a little concerned about my rabbit’s health and want to know if i should be worried.

Has she improved yet? Her environment has changed a bit in the past few days, and she did not know where her primarily caregiver was. This likely placed her under a bit of stress, which is why her body is reacting this way. Hopefully she will go back to normal, but if not, get a list of exactly what she was allowed to eat, what she had access to which she may have chewed on etc. And then determine if a vet trip is necessary. Good luck!

Is she eating after she came home? is she drinking water normally? is she active? Before GI stasis poops get smaller/nonexistent so that's why I'm asking.
she’s eating and behaving as normally. today they don’t look as small and she seems to have no change in her usual behavior.

Has she improved yet? Her environment has changed a bit in the past few days, and she did not know where her primarily caregiver was. This likely placed her under a bit of stress, which is why her body is reacting this way. Hopefully she will go back to normal, but if not, get a list of exactly what she was allowed to eat, what she had access to which she may have chewed on etc. And then determine if a vet trip is necessary. Good luck!
i’ve paid close attention to her and she seems to be quickly coming back to her usual behavior. i haven’t seen any changes since normally; i searched online about it before posting this and saw that the stress may have caused it initially.

Latest posts

Back