Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmy-webby

Reaction score
The pellets should be as fresh as possible when purchased and should bepurchased in relatively small quantities. The pellets should be storedin the refrigerator to prevent premature spoilage. Pellets that willprobably not be used within 2 months of purchase should be frozenimmediately after purchase. Refusal to eat rancid pellets is arelatively common cause of inappetence among rabbits.
.. I saw this article on an internet site. Does any one hererefregirate there pellets? I honestly dont. Should I start torefregirate them?

If anyone was wondering..here is the sitehttp://www.ahc.umn.edu/rar/MNAALAS/Rabbits.html

Pellets don't last long enough here with seven bunns.

When it was just Apollo, I bought those gallon freezer bags andrationed it and kept it in the fridge. It worked really good for me. Iheard the same thing.

Tina

dajeti2 wrote:
Pellets don't last long enough here with seven bunns.

When it was just Apollo, I bought those gallon freezer bags andrationed it and kept it in the fridge. It worked really good for me. Iheard the same thing.

Tina

Ohh I see. Do you still refridgerate your pellets Tina?

No I don't really have too anymore. it'samazing for fast pelletes disappear when there are 7 bunnies, 5 ofwhich are still technically babies.

Tina

i dont refridgerate(sp?) my pellets but also ialways buy the smallest bag, and i only have one bun so they doactually last about 2 months - hmmm i need to buy a new bag this weekso i'll see how long it takes me to finish it.

I recommend freezing the pellets in ziplock bags if you won't be using it quickly.

We go through 700 lbs. a month and buy once a week. I store it in a large bin that holds approx. 200 lbs.

Pam

Latest posts

Back