Question... Adult or Senior aged?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GK44

Reaction score
I am thinking about visiting a bunny. He is 2 years old. I know that he is an adult but at what age would he be considered a senior? Thanks!

I would have thought about 5 or 6

I would say more like 6-8yrs is when a rabbit is considered a senior. Since house rabbits can easily live over 10 years and into their teens.

Is that the netherland from your question earlier about Netherlands? I say go and see him! 2 years isn't a senior and he should be past all the hormonal behavior you get with young rabbits. Let us know how everything goes. :D

Most bunnies are mature by 6 months. Some are able to be spayed/neutered as early as 3 months old. Pebbles a Netherland Dwarf lived to 6 years. She could of lived longer if she didn't have her ongoing head tilts and sneezing.

Yes, Sindri.... that is the same Netherland Dwarf :) I haven't heard from the owner today. Hopefully soon.

Good to hear that people think that he would be past his hormonal stage. He isn't neutered. I'm thinking about neutering him though...

Latest posts

Back