Question about female rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmy-webby

Reaction score
Hello all!!

It has come to my concern to the question of female rabbits if theycould result in humping or even mounting their owners or otherrabbits? Just a question that was bothering me today when Emmy didsomething that flabbergasted me.

:dancing:

Today this morning I fed Emmy and took her out of her cage to get anearly start of her daily excersise. I was on the couch and she was onthe floor, me hovering over her petting her head. She started sniffingmy hand up to my arms when all of a sudden she started sort of humpingme. I don't know how to describe it, though. :shock:.

Has anyone have any relation to this with there girls?

- Katy

Yes my 5 month old unspayed girl has startedmounting my neutered boy'i have been told she probably needsspaying'lol this is what he's like at the moment:bed:

Mounting is sometimes a dominace thing. Amber (my spayed female) will, on occasion, mount Devon (my neutered male).

Iguess the firstquestion is Are You positive She is a Sheand not a He whacked by thegender fairy?

If still a Female it isnormal at this age for her to do that. Even Littleboys do the mounting thing,.Its more dominence thansexual at this point , but eitherway sounds like An Altering is soonneeded.

Gypsy- I'm very postive that she is a female.

Thanks everyone for all your responses :)

Hi there,
I have some tips that may help your humping bunny problem.
-1st SPAY her if she is not already spayed. Not only should you spayher to reduce unwanted behaviors, but know that female rabbits run an80 % chance of uterine cancer if not spayed.
-2nd keep her extremely busy with toys to stimulate her. Board bunnies are bad bunnie!
check out bunnybytes.com for some great rabbit safe toys.
-3rd of all, you need to establish dominance with your bunny! byhumping you, your bunny is essentially telling you that she is incharge! To correct this behavior and many other unwanted behaviorssimply place your hand over bunny's head and shoulders and firmly butvery gently press her to the gound and tell he "NO!". After a fewtimes, she will understand that you are the Alpha rabbit. It's kind offunny, because you are essentially "humping" the rabbit, which is howhierarchies are established in rabbit communities.
My female rabbit no longer humps me : ):apollo:

Latest posts

Back