putting rabbits in a trance

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBOZE3131

Reaction score
I searched the forums here, but I didn't see any explanation (maybe I missed it.) I'm wondering- when you trance the rabbit, what exactly is happening, and why is it doing what it's doing?

I have two females...the 1 I bought just 2 wks ago was sick from the start, it turns out she had coccidia (or however you spell it) and she has medicine...anyhow, I can trance her everytime, her head just goes back slowly, and she's gone. Maybe this won't be the case when she's healthier...

I read somewhere that you should only do it when clipping their nails (on another site), because it's not good for them to do it a lot...which makes me wonder- what on earth is actually taking place when you lie them like this? I read it's only when their heads are lower then their bottoms?

It is a survival mechanism. Basically when a prey animal grabs a rabbit they go into a trance. They are basically trying to pretend that they are dead so that when the predator lossens their grip slightly and the bunny can bolt!

It can stress them out but can be used in cases that the bunny would be more stressed out by what is going to happen.

I hope this helps!!:colors:

Latest posts

Back