Proud to announce I am now the Mummy of Peter and Benjamin. :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhi Rhi

Reaction score
I don't know if any of you were following my previous thread about hoping to adopt 2 beautiful Agouti bucks from the RSPCA... but I got them!! :D

I'm so in love with them! They moved into their big bunny mansion yesterday afternoon and they were eating treats out of my hand within hours. :) They're not used to being handled. Apparently up until a month ago they used to scream when they were picked up so I'm very, very happy with them eating from my hands and I'm going to work on taming them up. :)

They're both a year old and we think they're from the same litter... not too sure though. They were rescued along with 14 other bunnies! Basically a guy who had owned them all set them free and was going to shoot them! Poor babies! his daughter managed to collect them all in and reported her Dad... Good on her!

So now I have my Peter Rabbit and Benjamin Bunny and I love them to absolute bits! The pictures aren't fab as they're a little jumpy and won't sit still if they're near me right now. But here they are. :) P.s, Benjamin is slightly bigger and has a dark mark on his forehead. :)

23763_10151624032438368_587546479_n.jpg

45564_10151623179598368_294539347_n.jpg

184662_10151624030743368_1955163014_n.jpg

320918_10151624031723368_210663692_n.jpg

549869_10151623145848368_541499880_n.jpg

554279_10151623146563368_1207969256_n.jpg

Oh my! They are so cute! I love their white bellies. They look big, are they big buns?
Congratulations on your new family members! They're precious.

They're reasonably big. I've had bigger bunnies though. They're both fully grown and have their winter coats on too. :) I love their white bellies. ;) Do you know Beatrix Potter?

Oh, they are so gorgeous and I can sort of see their new palance, I´d seen the thread of your dad building it and it looks fabulous. I just love that colour and their white belly is so unusual. They look like really healthy boy and I just love those name....good old Beatrice Potter.

You should start a Bunny Blog about these two boys, we´d all love to read about their adventures....please.

:yes:

Congratulations. They are both nice looking boys. You will have to get them used to some handling--their nail don't cut themselves, but time and patience work wonders.

I've never had a problem with bunnies claws when they live outside. (Especially on concrete and digging in soil.) But I shall keep an eye on them. ;)

Thanks everyone! I can't wait until I can tickle their little white bellies! Hehe!

Ooh I'll have a go at making a blog... I'd have to call it "The Tale of Peter Rabbit and Benjamin Bunny." ;)

Love the title and I for one will be following you. I just love the bunny blogs, it´s so interesting to see everyone´s tales and they are all so different. it´s also so good to see that sometimes, they are all so alike. Look forward to it.

Ah, yes I remember. Your boys look very similar to my boy (though mine doesn't have the white belly). If yours is like mine, the dark mark on the forehead will change with shedding. Mine used to have a "z" on his forehead, but it went away after a shed.

I've also seen concrete keep the nails trimmed.

So happy for your 2 lucky boys. Congratulations!

They're so cute! I bet you are so glad to finally have them home :) The concrete can keep their nails worn down but you'll want to check them every now and then. And you'll probably still have to trim the dew claw, as I've noticed that one doesn't get worn down as much, on rough floors.

Beautiful rabbits! I'm new here but congratulations on getting your two rescues. I think everyone can relate to that awesome feeling you get when your bunnies show that they trust you. Good luck taming them!

They're adorable, I'm so happy you got them!! And yes, good thing the daughter reported her father. There are some unbelievable people in this world!!
But now Peter and Benjamin will be spoiled happy rabbits :clapping:

Back