Probiotics? Long Nails?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBuns

Reaction score
Hello every bunny,
Question 1: So is it safe to give my bun probiotics it was recommended to get some I’m not sure what type though..\_(••)_/? ( she’s on antibiotics again )
Question 2: my mini holland lop has sharp nail and I found a red mark under his floppy ear can the sharp nails be the cause because that is where he scratches ? Or something else i can put a picture if you’d like little hard to see on camera 📸

Question 2: you need to clip his nails every 4-6 weeks, use curved cat scissors or guillotine type clippers and be very careful clipping only tips without cutting to the quick

RabbitNailTrim1.jpg

Hi
Yes, I am aware of that I cut his nails already he’s 3months, but is it possible it could of caused that red marking?

It is hard to tell without seeing but it could be mites and he grooms himself intensively because it's itchy

Yes probiotics are good for rabbits when they are taking antibiotics. I’m currently giving my rabbit bene bac while she’s taking hers . it’s the powder form & I mix it in her water bowl . I think there’s a gel form but I never used it . Also bene bac is at petco & chewy

Yes probiotics are good for rabbits when they are taking antibiotics. I’m currently giving my rabbit bene bac while she’s taking hers . it’s the powder form & I mix it in her water bowl . I think there’s a gel form but I never used it . Also bene bac is at petco & chewy
Thank you, I’m making sure I’ll try it.

They are all the same. I get the small bag and give it to Theo every other day when he is on antibiotics. I just dip the end of a wet piece of lettuce in the bag and the powder sticks.

Wow another thing i wasnt aware of probably should go get probiotics for stormy she just finished her antibiotics.

Just ordered her probiotics from chewy. I’m hoping they get here fast. She hasn’t been herself lately not much zoomies, binky and following me much. I pray that she gets well she looks so uncomfortable...

Back