Princess Kirby's Palace

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pocketsizedrhino

Reaction score
Kirby was born on 04.23.09 with a bunch of brothers. Her owner/byb brought her with her brothers to the pet store I used to work at tied up in a burlap sack. They rode in the summer heat in a convertible down the highway to get there. I wasn't working that day but my coworker told me they were panting and dirty. She took the girl because my boss said the boys wouldn't sell since we already had some... :pssd: I wish I had been there that day. :( When I went to work the next day I saw the cutest little rex bunny with gross stained paws and asked someone where she came from. After hearing her story I just wanted to cuddle her all day. She became my little buddy for the two weeks she was at the store... of course at the end of that two weeks she ended up at my apartment! The lady who brought her in told my coworker she would be a mini rex but I think she has grown past the 'mini' level by now.

She is 4 months old now and is getting started on eating greens. The last time she had a little stasis issue so I'm going incredibly slow and I have BeneBac on hand. She is 98% litter trained, there are occasional stray poos and pee puddles but it isn't bad. I moved into a new apartment at the beginning of the month and was able to extend her pen and add a level. She loves the space! When she has free range time in my hallway she binkies all around and then comes back to lick my legs all over. :p She has a good home with me now! She is getting spayed soon, once she starts acting like its time. She might get to go in at the same time as my boyfriend's cat, they're a month apart and are both almost due!

I loooove taking pictures so this will mainly be a picture dump for me to share her cuteness! :D

Her pen:
wjhn9c.jpg

30wxu9g.jpg

Is Princess Kirby's palace part of my King Kirby's rabbit nation? LOL
Your Kirby is so sweet flopped like that. Looks so much like my Toby... I just can't get over that! Her breed I definitely bigger as a full rexie. More pics please!

She has nice digs! She's lucky to have you :)

2m2fihk.jpg

2cco4di.jpg

This morning I was away from my apartment and my roommate sent me a text message letting me know that little miss Kirby ESCAPED from her pen and was bounding around the apartment. Her and her boyfriend had to chase her around to catch her and put her away. I was worried there would be chewed cords everywhere but I haven't found any so far. I made her that shelf not too long ago.. I guess she figured out how to get out with it! Doh..... I added some more panels around the shelf so it is taller now.

Princess Kirby is Adorable.

She certainly has a great set up. When we made out NIC cages we put a roof on theirs for that very reason, bunnies can be very good escape artists.

I look forward to many more pictures of th Princess.

Susan:)

I really like that I can just climb over the 2-high and reach in to pet her whenever. She loves when people come over and oogle at her. She runs right up to the corner of the pen for lovin'. I'd hate to have to make a full roof... I'll take a picture of the new blocks I made and you guys can tell me what you think later.

She is adorable, I had some baby flemish not to long ago, that I thought couldn't get out of their NIC enclosure only to go into the bunny room to feed everyone and discover the young doe enjoying her time out.

You wouldn't believe how different people react when meeting Kirby and the rats.. Everyone LOVES Kirby and they're indifferent about everything else (rats, mouse, fish tanks).

I got some hay online from Kleenmama's Hayloft http://www.kmshayloft.com/catalog/index.php
I am SO impressed with the quality--I'll never buy hay from the pet store again! It was so fresh smelling, soft and a nice color. There was absolutely no dust. I got 5lbs of half timothy half bluegrass. It barely fits in her hay tub.

72prsw.jpg

I took Kirby out on the porch today after I unpacked her new hay and I sat her in the tub. She didn't eat any, I think she was freaked out as it was her first time outside and there were so many new noises. After a little bit she hopped out of the tub and explored, she loved it! I'll be taking her out there more often when the weather permits.

nn5ow3.jpg

jkhuzq.jpg

10ggyld.jpg

2im0rci.jpg

dgnd5s.jpg

I got the same exact half timothy and half bluegrass from Kleenmama's a couple weeks ago. Toby loves the timothy and Kirby loves the bluegrass. I agree about the dustlessness. It's great! Just a hefty shipping price is all, but very nice hay. I will be buying from them again soon. Oh, your Kirby's fur look so cotton-y!

Helen, the shipping price did seem high but I did the math including shipping for price per pound compared to the Oxbow hay I was getting at Petsmart (that was insanely dusty!) and buying 5lbs of Kleenmama's was the same price as 4lbs of Oxbow--it was like getting a free pound of hay! :D

pocketsizedrhino wrote:
Helen, the shipping price did seem high but I did the math including shipping for price per pound compared to the Oxbow hay I was getting at Petsmart (that was insanely dusty!) and buying 5lbs of Kleenmama's was the same price as 4lbs of Oxbow--it was like getting a free pound of hay! :D

That's fantastic!

Kirby loves the bluegrass so, so much. Toby loves the timothy hay like crazy. The only thing I do not like about the timothy is that it has a lot of other grasses mixed in that gets blown in, according to KM. I pick them out if I have time. But KM overall is awesome. Service is great. When their 3rd cut timothy is for sale, I'm going to probably buy 9 lbs of each. Kirby has eaten so much more hay lately that his litter box is ... um, overflowing :)

Sometimes I can't believe what the litter box looks like when I wake up in the morning. Its like she doesn't sleep, she just spends every hour eating and pooping.
Well, I guess she does sleep because I found her laying funny yesterday:

9gawpz.jpg

You mean it is exhausting making all that poop for me to clean up? :p
There is also the odd day when I notice her water is tinted yellow/orange. :grumpy:

Ohh Princess Kirby--I bow down to you and graciously clean your litter box!

Latest posts

Back