Princess Kirby's Palace

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Showing off my rat cage :D

2prfw9c.jpg

Fancy77 wrote:
Holy cow they r so spoiled...

That's the only way to do it with rats. :biggrin2: It is so funny seeing their lazy butts lounging 24/7. And to think so many people are terrified of rats... Pahahaha!

Thanks Myia and Dave!

Oh my goodness Kirby is such a little lover! Its like every day she likes me more and begs for more and more pets. I love it! My rats don't sit still and I'm used to loving on cats so Kirby is a wonderful cat stand-in... My cat lives at home with my parent's still.
Today I sat with her in her pen to try a new brush. It is so hard to help her molt because there aren't any brushes that catch her soft short hair! Lucky for her I gave up on the brush quickly and resorted to a full bunny massage. She totally melted. I'm used to her body feeling at least a little tense but she was loosey gooseyyyy. After all the petting I put my face down near her and she was hopping all around me sniffing me, then she started licking the back of my shoulders. :p She let me nuzzle her and kiss her face...she used to flinch and act nervous if my big ol head was ever right up near her.
I love feeling like we're bonding more and more every day. I am so happy rabbits live so long! I couldn't have gotten luckier--I am always so shocked at what a great personality she has.

I am curious..is the super pet xl purple cage in the bedroom photo the rat cage..or is that a chinchilla I see?

Myia09 wrote:
I am curious..is the super pet xl purple cage in the bedroom photo the rat cage..or is that a chinchilla I see?

That is my old rat cage...And my big fat old manrat Elliott posing as a Chinchilla! :p I recently got a Critter Nation 161 (the one in the more recent picture) for my old boys since it has a bigger footprint and they can get around in it easier.

Chins are neat but after handling them in the past I don't think I could keep one. I worked at a pet store for a little while. They poop SO MUCH it is INCREDIBLE. To make it better they can't be litter trained.. They are soooo adorable and soft though.

haha thats a big rat! You know, they really don't. I now have 3 and it takes less vacuuming than my 2 buns. But you know, if you use fleece like I do, you supposedly can put a litter box of aspen and they will pee there becasue they like the texture more..but of course they can't control thier poop. I havnen't bought a box yet, but I will be.
Yeah CN and FN are the best..I just got a Ferret Nation for the chins..
Its a great set up you have.

Myia09 wrote:
haha thats a big rat! You know, they really don't. I now have 3 and it takes less vacuuming than my 2 buns. But you know, if you use fleece like I do, you supposedly can put a litter box of aspen and they will pee there becasue they like the texture more..but of course they can't control thier poop. I havnen't bought a box yet, but I will be.
Yeah CN and FN are the best..I just got a Ferret Nation for the chins..
Its a great set up you have.

I'm shocked to hear yours are tidier than your rabbits! I used to vacuum the chin girl's cage shelves at the store (it was the same purple SP) every morning and evening and there was always plenty to suck up! I guess in reality 3 rats poop a lot too and they aren't totally litter trained.
I'm sure yours are loving the FN. Chins are so zippy and fun to watch! Do you have any pictures of them in your blog?

pocketsizedrhino wrote:
Fancy77 wrote:
Holy cow they r so spoiled...

That's the only way to do it with rats. :biggrin2: It is so funny seeing their lazy butts lounging 24/7. And to think so many people are terrified of rats... Pahahaha!
:sofa:

Yep, that is me all the way...rats...ewey...I am terrified of them...

I like them in pics...very cute...no way would I ever hold or even own one lol. It took me forever to get used to my sons Hamster..YUCK lol

Ugh it has been such a stressful week.

Right now I live with one other girl. We've known each other a little while and I like living here. We don't hang out too much but I like it that way, I've never been too close with any of my previous roommates so it is normal to me. She would probably like it if we did more things together and I think she misses how close she was with her old roommates because they were all good friends but they moved away.

My boyfriend lives across the hall with two other guys. It just happened that we got the place across the hall when we filled out our application to live in this apartment complex. We were pretty happy about it because I lived an hour and ten minutes away before I moved down here. We've been together for almost 2 years. Living across the hall has been like living in one big house with a breezeway in between because we see each other so much. We're very compatible and if we ever have a disagreement we sort it out in a calm way by talking through it.

Well, in March all of us need to decide where we're living next year... if we are renewing our leases or not. Seven people are involved in all this shuffling around because my roommate (D)'s friend (J) is finally moving out of campus housing and she is really excited to be living in a real apartment. She almost moved in with D and I in August but the two of them decided they would fight too much because of how close they are. D and I planned to live here two years but now that the decision has to be made soon.... her and J have been talking about living together...whether I come with them or not. :( The thing is.... I've only lived here since August and I do not know anyone else that I could live with.... I DO NOT WANT TO MOVE! AT ALL!! I have moved every year since starting college, which is three moves. It is annoying! I have more furniture/pet stuff/fish tanks than ever before and I had plans to stay here at least two years.

We all had a big talk but J is being very hard headed and will not take my situation into account. All she wants is to live with D. J's boyfriend is going to need a roommate next year at the same time as me so our first solution was for him to take D's room. No one had any problems with it except for his mother. Now I really don't know what to do.... Tyler (my boyfriend) and I have been talking about the two of us living with J's boyfriend (R) in a three bedroom place and my parent's have finally been convinced, but this leaves Tyler's two roommates out to dry (2 bedroom rent is too expensive for one of them) and I would still have to move. That is not the best solution for anyone except for R.

It looks like our only other options are having Tyler move into D's old room and live in this two bedroom with me and J's boyfriend can take his old room. D and J can move out and get a two bedroom apartment together. It is SO complicated!!!! I told J that she should just move in with her boyfriend then none of us have to be involved at all. I hate having to cater to someone else.

I know how complicated living with my boyfriend could potentially get. Living across the hall has been sort of a trial run since we're always at one another's place but we still can leave and have some down time if we want. I know that is still possible since we would have separate rooms if he lived here with me. We have talked about every possible thing together and we both feel like living together would work. I am trying not to be starry-eyed about the whole thing and think about it realistically. The only problem is that his cat wants to eat all of my pets! Haha.

This whole thing is just awful. I hope I am able to keep living here. I really hate even thinking about moving my tanks and all of my stuff for the third time in three years.... *pulls hair out*

That's a really tough situation. Discussions like this almost never end well because of the sheer number of people and opinions involved. Everyone has their own life to live and that's the way it is.

I think if you and your boyfriend have a good track record of reasonably settling disagreements, this could work out for you.

Thanks for going through the trouble of reading all of that Helen! Almost everything seems impossible.
My parents will be visiting tomorrow so I need to talk with them about just Tyler and I living here together. They haven't been too thrilled about the idea in the past but they know this whole crazy situation. They're really great and they trust me to make a responsible decision which is more than some of my friends can say so I am thankful for that.

It IS a difficult situation, but in my own experience, my parents have not always taken circumstances into account when making their decision on whether to support me on an important matter like this. I sure do hope your parents are more understanding and trusting! Having parents to support you in such a bind definitely helps.

Argh! Wabbitmom was still logged in.

Anyway...WOW, I read your post and I think I need to have it diagramed! Confused me, I hope it all works out. To say its complicated would be an understatement.

Good luck!

Dave

Latest posts

Back