Prgnant bun?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, I’m so not sure what to think. Do you think it’s a false pregnancy or a real one? It seems like it’s just a waiting game, especially because she is quite young. I’d give it one more week and if you have no babies, I’d consult a vet (either by phone or email, as I know you can’t get to one).

Hmm, I’m so not sure what to think. Do you think it’s a false pregnancy or a real one? It seems like it’s just a waiting game, especially because she is quite young. I’d give it one more week and if you have no babies, I’d consult a vet (either by phone or email, as I know you can’t get to one).

Im thinking false but when i felt her tummy i thought i felt some lumps. I will wait another week and see where that gets us. Fingers crossed.

Keep waiting! I know it sucks, but she will have them in her own time. I don't see any reason to worry. If she is pulling fur that means that she is probably pregnant.

In the meantime, here is my waiting story (it is about cats, but whatever):
June 2018 we got 2 cats who are sisters, Milly and Primrose (Prim). We planned on getting them fixed as soon as we got them, but my parents forgot. February of 2019 Milly ran off for 5 days and brought back a friend. Turns out he was a boyfriend, and Prim easily stole his heart. Before we knew it we had 2 pregnant cats, both due within five days of one another. Uncle-daddy (the boy cat that got them both pregnant) disappeared. He is called "Uncle-daddy" because he is the dad of both litters, therefore the Uncle, and the father. I got busy transforming our shed into a nursery for cats. The moms each had their own birthing box and food and water bowls.
On April 1st I went to Nashville with my mom. Worst decision ever. On the 3-hour car ride back, my sister called telling us that Milly had had 4 babies. We thought it was an April fool's prank, but it was not. I was so mad and just wanted to get home, but I was 3 hours from home and had to go to my brother's baseball game. When I finally got home it was close to midnight, but I still visited the babies.
2 days later, April 3rd, Prim went into labor. I knew that morning that Prim was acting weird so I kept a close eye on her, and then put her in the shed while I cleaned Theo's playpen. She started meowing super loudly so I just pet her. I was with her for all seven babies.
The moms did great birthing and feeding the babies. The next months I cleaned, and cleaned, and cleaned up after all 11 kittens.

Keep waiting! I know it sucks, but she will have them in her own time. I don't see any reason to worry. If she is pulling fur that means that she is probably pregnant.

In the meantime, here is my waiting story (it is about cats, but whatever):
June 2018 we got 2 cats who are sisters, Milly and Primrose (Prim). We planned on getting them fixed as soon as we got them, but my parents forgot. February of 2019 Milly ran off for 5 days and brought back a friend. Turns out he was a boyfriend, and Prim easily stole his heart. Before we knew it we had 2 pregnant cats, both due within five days of one another. Uncle-daddy (the boy cat that got them both pregnant) disappeared. He is called "Uncle-daddy" because he is the dad of both litters, therefore the Uncle, and the father. I got busy transforming our shed into a nursery for cats. The moms each had their own birthing box and food and water bowls.
On April 1st I went to Nashville with my mom. Worst decision ever. On the 3-hour car ride back, my sister called telling us that Milly had had 4 babies. We thought it was an April fool's prank, but it was not. I was so mad and just wanted to get home, but I was 3 hours from home and had to go to my brother's baseball game. When I finally got home it was close to midnight, but I still visited the babies.
2 days later, April 3rd, Prim went into labor. I knew that morning that Prim was acting weird so I kept a close eye on her, and then put her in the shed while I cleaned Theo's playpen. She started meowing super loudly so I just pet her. I was with her for all seven babies.
The moms did great birthing and feeding the babies. The next months I cleaned, and cleaned, and cleaned up after all 11 kittens.
Oh how cute!!! I may have to reread all the post and replys on here to keep me busy 😂 the nice weather has me outside alot so hopefully that helps to!

Is it noraml that when she lays down i feel nothing in her tummy but when she sits i can feel lumps?

It sounds normal. I wouldn’t check for them too often or press to hardly as it could hurt her.

Raising Rabbits (The Pregnant Rabbit - Five Clues to knowing a blessed day is coming) says:

Fifth Clue: Sudden and random jerking of her sides during her last week of pregnancy. That will be little bunny-feet kicking around in her womb. Look for quick little kicks, especially when she's laying on her side. You'll know it when you see it. And when you see it, you've definitely got a pregnant rabbit. Don't confuse the little kicks with the rhythmic rolling movement of the rabbit's intestines, however. Actually, the two are very easy to tell apart, especially when you've seen both.

Does she seem to be calming down from her protectiveness or is she still defensive?

It sounds normal. I wouldn’t check for them too often or press to hardly as it could hurt her.

Raising Rabbits (The Pregnant Rabbit - Five Clues to knowing a blessed day is coming) says:

Fifth Clue: Sudden and random jerking of her sides during her last week of pregnancy. That will be little bunny-feet kicking around in her womb. Look for quick little kicks, especially when she's laying on her side. You'll know it when you see it. And when you see it, you've definitely got a pregnant rabbit. Don't confuse the little kicks with the rhythmic rolling movement of the rabbit's intestines, however. Actually, the two are very easy to tell apart, especially when you've seen both.

Does she seem to be calming down from her protectiveness or is she still defensive?
She seems to be calming down a bit.

She seems to be calming down a bit.
Hmm, it sounds like it could be a false pregnancy. But you won’t really know until she just becomes totally normal again. Either after she has the kits, or after she realises that she isn’t pregnant. Are you planning on spaying her after all this?

She has been binkying and buzzing again today! Being a lovebugand demanding moms attention. In the last picture she is running to see a squirrle and then the second one she is saying "put the phone down and pay attention to me im right here mom!"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200428-180430~2.png
    Screenshot_20200428-180430~2.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20200428-180411~2.png
    Screenshot_20200428-180411~2.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20200428-180400~2.png
    Screenshot_20200428-180400~2.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
Today she has bewn flicking her pee at me. Why is she doing that? She also took all her blankies and put them in the nest box.

Flicking urine is usually a sign of her marking her territory. So she’s basically claiming you. I’m not sure why she’s doing it though.

Maybe it's hormones or maybe she's claiming you. If she is putting the blankets in the nesting box the babies might come soon. I would cover her cage with a blanket to make it peaceful for her.

Sadly i believe it was a false pregnancy. Its not possible that she is still pregnant. Also wondering how to keep her cool during warm weather.

Sadly i believe it was a false pregnancy. Its not possible that she is still pregnant. Also wondering how to keep her cool during warm weather.
That’s fine. She might go through that more times if she isn’t spayed. To keep her cool, you can:

Make sure her hutch is out of the sun, and in the shade.

Give her tiles to lay down on.

Put a few ice cubes in her water bowl.

I’ve heard of some people freezing fizzy drink (soda) bottles that are filled with water and putting them in the cage.

Why so sad, I thought you'd be happy since you said you never bred her :)

I keep a few 1,5-2 ltr bottles filled with water in a freezer and change them at least twice a day I put them on top of their housing / cage usually over their toilets and also I put white foam box over them so they last longer that way. Remember, cold air goes down so place bottle on top.

Also if we need to go somewhere I make a double floor in the carrier and put 2 freezer blocks under it so even if it is hot outside their floor is cooling for a few hours.

Another trick, you can put some ceramic floor tiles they love laying on them. I use large tiles, also you can have two on rotation and keep one in your fridge.

Last edited:
Back