Prgnant bun?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Button

Reaction score
Hi everybunny.... I wasnt quite sure where to put this thread but here it goes. I think Jypsy may be pregnant. She is having signs of pregnancy. Pulling fur, moodiness, eating more, and getting fat. The thing is she was with another rabbit which her previous owner said was a buck but not at the age of maturaity...

She turned 7 months on the 11th of April and i got her the 27th of march.. So a few days over 6 months.. I posted in another of my threads that she has pulled more fur.. She is currently rearranging het blankets and picking up hay.. Its not a large ammount of fur but it about a palm size ammount of my hand. I didnt touch the fur just left it and will put it in a nest box when i get it tonight.. She has a pretty round hard tummy. She didnt like me feeling it and nipped at me so i left her alone so i dont stress her out.

Any tips and advice for keeping her comfy and what to put in the nest box.. I havent had babies for over 3 years so any advice and help is apprieaciated!

She sounds like she is getting close! I would line the box with newspaper, and fill it with hay and the fur she has already pulled. She will add more hay and fur to it. I can't wait to see the babies!

I would get her some Alfalfa pellets and offer her some Quaker rolled oats.
Edelweiss Ranch and Rabbitry say to give your rabbit these herbs for milk production: (Natural Rabbit Remedies)
"Milk Production: Caraway Seed, Chamomile, Dandelion, Dill, Fennel, Fenugreek, Marshmallow Root, Nettle, Raspberry Leaf."

Im worried thay since i have had her for less than a month i am going to stress her out if I take her out. She has been extremly nervous around me when normally she would come up to me for pets... Im just goung to leave her be most of the time. Just pet her when she comes up to me and not force it upon her. With her not completly trusting me im also neverous about if she does have kits touching them and such..

So no babies yet. She has adventured out of her hutch into her pen today but is still a grumpy girl. She hasnt made a big nest in the nest box i gave her just a little one. She is letting me pet just her head anything else she bites and grunts..

Can you feel any babies in her stomach? Don’t press on her stomach, but you’d likely be able to feel a few babies just by touching her.

Does anyone have a link/website for the specific care of the kits?

So she didnt have them last night.. Today she is flinching by her hind end without me touching her and she has been thumping even though i was there by her for an hour just so she could smell me and hop around me. After she started thumping i left thinking that maybe he reason was me. Im hoping babies come soon.

How many weeks have you had her now? Or how far along do you think she is? By 32 days (pregnant) , she should have the kits. It can sometimes be up to 34 days but if it passes then, I’d call a vet.

Latest posts

Back