Pressure Sores

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
soaking with a cloth would work but he would have to be lying on towels.

You must do a lot of loads of laundry

I know that you will let us know about the lab work......

She would have to lying on it. The vet said just to apply a bit of pressure for 10
-15 mins 2-3 times a day.

We will be doing more laundry once we move.

I will be sure to let you know what the blood work says.

I'm shaving her matted fur off her back area so she's going to one bald bunny bun for a while.
angieluv wrote:
soaking with a cloth would work but he would have to be lying on towels.

You must do a lot of loads of laundry

I know that you will let us know about the lab work......

I was just thinking about this whole soaking thing. Could I use gauze rather than a cloth? I dont think she's enjoying this much as every once in a while she'll move her legs a bit. Monster's doesn't struggle at all when being held so I got that going for me :)

Thanks for the info about the Epsom salt. I will try that with Smit.

What have you tried to do to keepMonsters off that one side? Every time I try to put Smit on her other side she manages to flip herself back over.

I do laundry every other day. It's worth it.

We just pick her and put her on her other side. Monsters isn't strong enough to flip her self over just yet!

Right now I haven't done any laundry in a while as we are in the process of moving and my laundry soap is at mom and dad's. But once we are at our new place laundry wont be a hassell as it is now.

Monsters sore doesn't see any worse than it was but the scab has returned over it but it looks like it wants to come off. My sister soaked her today for about 5 mins not that she was happy being left alone with my sister while I went to friends place to visit and the scab looks like I could peel it off. Can I peel it off?

Now that we look it, it looks like it is getting smaller :)

Monsters is looking really good. She's standing up longer and has a couple of times jumped out her cage. I don't put the lid on her as there is no need for a bunny who just lye's around but now might have to if she's getting bolder and jumping out.

Rebecca and Monsters

I agree to just let the scab do its own thing. I'm glad it's looking better and she's acting feistier!

I called the vet today on my break and left a message to call back. She called back and said Monsters blood work didn't show anything to be concerned about, Her Kidney values look normal :) She asked how she was doing and was pleased to her she was getting better and her sore was healing up and no new ones have appeared. She said to call her if anything else came up. :)

Back