pregnant??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh i do know that i honestly deep down do care ieven know the risks of when she gives birth..i was an irresponssiblething to do and i do apologise..i love these buns to much not 2 care.

i will some how try my best to get the girls spayed just at the moment money is an issue!!

and again i do apologise

kim

:)Kim, i take back what i said about you being irresponsible. Thank you for your reply, i appreciate it wasan accident.

You just concentrate on looking after mummy bunny, and be sure to post pics when she has the babies.

Sending all my love and nose rubs to your buns

Rachael

I wanted to take a moment to add to this thread even though I see y'all have worked out the comments.

a. Accidents do happen and not everybody realizes that a male can get a doe pregnant as young as they can. As a breeder, I was SHOCKED when a 9 week old male got his mom pregnant. He was the ONLY buck she was near and I hadn't been thinking about the fact he was nine weeks old (he was exactly nine weeks the day he must've bred her).

b. What doesn't help with the buns in rescues are the people who buy or adopt buns and then don't stay committed to them. I know of people who have had accidents and successfully rehomed the rabbits with people who might not have adopted a rabbit otherwise. Those people never would have gone to a shelter to begin with...so to think that the fact they adopted an "accident" took away from the shelter rabbits is incorrect. In fact, oftentimes these are the people who wind up loving rabbits AND adopting from shelters later on.

c. Just because a person doesn't come on this board wringing their hands and going, "woe is me...oh my...what am I going to do?"that doesnt' mean that they aren't worried or concerned. The very fact that they post shows their concern and the fact that they want to get help. It isn't like they can use a time machine to go back in time and change what happened....all they can do is move forward.

d. Not everyone knows how rabbits mate...many people think that brothers and sisters won't mate and all sorts of myths like that. I was describing to one person how rabbits mate...and they were so amazed....like "Yreally? They do it THAT way?" They were thinking of human positions for the act....

Just my .02 for anyone who might be upset about how we handle things when "accidents happen".

Peg

bunsterlove1969 wrote:
And i didnt mean to come accross as being rude either.

It was just a very irresponsible thing to do, and you dont seem toworried about it. There are so many buns in rescues at the moment, andproblems like this dont help. It doesnt matter how old Benji is, he isstill able to 'produce' babies. I'm very surprised you didnt know this.

Please dont let them near eachother again. You need to think aboutgetting your girls spayed, and the Benji neutered when he is oldenough, and then you can think about re-introducing them again.

You do know the importance of spaying female buns? if they arent spayedthen they risk the chance of getting ovarian cancer. Quite a high % offemale buns die due to this.

TinysMom wrote:
I wanted to take a moment to add to this thread even thoughI see y'all have worked out the comments.

a. Accidents do happen and not everybody realizes that a malecan get a doe pregnant as young as they can. As a breeder, I was SHOCKED when a 9 week old male got his mom pregnant. He was the ONLY buck she was near and I hadn't been thinking about the fact he was nineweeks old (he was exactly nine weeks the day he must've bred her).

b. What doesn't help with the buns in rescues are the peoplewho buy or adopt buns and then don't stay committed to them. I know of people who have had accidents and successfully rehomed the rabbits withpeople who might not have adopted a rabbit otherwise. Those peoplenever would have gone to a shelter to begin with...so to think that thefact they adopted an "accident" took away from the shelter rabbits isincorrect. In fact, oftentimes these are the people who wind up lovingrabbits AND adopting from shelters later on.

c. Just because a person doesn't come on this board wringingtheir hands and going, "woe is me...oh my...what am I going to do?"that doesnt' mean that they aren't worried or concerned. The very factthat they post shows their concern and the fact that they want to gethelp. It isn't like they can use a time machine to go back in time andchange what happened....all they can do is move forward.

d. Not everyone knows how rabbits mate...many people think thatbrothers and sisters won't mate and all sorts of myths like that. I wasdescribing to one person how rabbits mate...and they were soamazed....like "Yreally? They do it THAT way?" They were thinking ofhuman positions for the act....

Just my .02 for anyone who might be upset about how we handle things when "accidents happen".

Peg

bunsterlove1969 wrote:
And i didnt mean to come accross as being rude either.

It was just a very irresponsible thing to do, and you dont seem toworried about it. There are so many buns in rescues at the moment, andproblems like this dont help. It doesnt matter how old Benji is, he isstill able to 'produce' babies. I'm very surprised you didnt know this.

Please dont let them near eachother again. You need to think aboutgetting your girls spayed, and the Benji neutered when he is oldenough, and then you can think about re-introducing them again.

You do know the importance of spaying female buns? if they arent spayedthen they risk the chance of getting ovarian cancer. Quite a high % offemale buns die due to this.
Hi Peg, thanks for your comments. Kim and i have now sorted this out so please dont have a go at what i said to Kim. You are a breeder and have a totally different opinion of bunnies to me. Here in the UK the reason so many buns are in rescue is because people 'accidently' breed buns then dont know what to do with the babies. It really is appalling.

I think everyone should have a basic understanding about how animals mate! it really isnt that hard! and we often find that 'young' people who keep buns, put them with another end up with pregnant buns at the end of it! and then these babies end up in pet stores, with no kind of life! If people dont understand the basic knowledge of how bunnies mate then they shouldnt be allowed to have them in the first place!!

Unlike America our rescue centres DO NOT euthanaze buns they cantrehome (another appalling fact!!) so our centres are over run with bunnies at the moment, and yet people still continue to breed.

I am not saying anything about you as a breeder, but here in the UK its very rare to find a genuine, honest breeder. The breeders i have visited keep their buns in disgusting, dirty and tiny conditions. You can see how alot of us are totally against it. I can see from your posts that you are not one of these breeders.

im just wondering coz shes probably pregnant most prob!! should i give her lettuce...i gave her a couple peices just now but i didnt think weather to give her it or not??

Kim

I would continue to feed her what she is used to. If you give her lettuce on a regular basis, than continueto do so.

Is she on free feed pellets restricted pellets? I would give her a bit more pellets if she's restricted, then free feed once she's give birth. She'll need the extra energy.

I always continued to feed mom as she was before pregnancy, and continued as the babies grew up. I found give veggies every couple days so I could watch for upset tummies to work well, but I'veyet to have any babies with upset tummies from veggies.

If you have any other questions, please keep asking! We are here to help you through this!

--Dawn

oooh right okay,poor girl i feel sorry for her shes just laying about she looks not well....i dont know if its coz she preggers or what prob is...she has been getting up to eat and drink soi think shes okay...would she know whats going on lol?? i know its stupid question thaught id ask lol

kim

Hi Kim :), how's your girl doing today? If sheis lying down as much as you say and panting etc she's probably not toofar away from birthing if she is pregnant. Have you given her lots of hay and stuff and a box or something to nest in? She might be a bit upset of she hasn't got anything to have the babies in, seeing as there is a boy rabbit in a cage so close she might feel a bit threatened.

Good luck and make sure you keep coming on here for help and stuff if you need it, the people on this board really know their stuff and while no one wants to see babies bred for no good reason, the attitude here I find has always been aimed at helping the rabbit and not condeming the owners which is really good.

Also what sort of cage have you got the girls living in? If the rabbit does have babies they will all need more space as they get to the running around stage otherwise they all might feel crowded and start getting grumpy.

to be honest i havnt got much of a cage...im going to buy one of them condo things and build a big cage...that will be a couple of days away for that.

also shes only about 2 weeks ago IF is...

but somehow i really think she is now when she lies on her side i see these little movements like waves...it cant be her breathing coz that goes up and down its hard to explain lol..also we had another feel andi felt something but as i was feeling it,it moved.

could you feel the babeys at 2 weeks its not big at all it was some little bumb...im sorry im not describing it too well i just dont knowwhat to expect as such lol

I also had an accidental litter, between the mum and the dad the 2 buns managed to break mum's hutch door down so dad could get in, as he has free run of the shed. With my doe, she was lying down all the time about a week before she gave birth too, so it sounds like she is, and due soon.

Maybe your other girl is actually a boy?

What do the movements look like? Sometimes when Mocha is flopped on her side and totally relaxed, I can see her muscles squeezing on her intestines. It's like a big slow ripple.I don't know why I see it on her but not the others. But it doesn't look anything like babies, it looks like muscle movement to me.

Is this the same bun that got grumpy? Pregnant buns can be grumpy, just like pregnant humans.

oooh yeah shes grumpy all right lol...i dont know to explain it really,i just looked at her a second ago...i saw this movement at a different spot....to be honest it looks like on one tiny bit of her belly some hairs look like there going togeather and then they seperate lol omg how rough is that..ok say in about a couple of days like 3days would i notice any difference if she was like belly wise or anything like that??

You will continue to see movement, and they should become stronger and more noticable. It will almost look like a rolling sea with lots of waves in it. Wildfire would actually let me trance her when she was pregnant and I got a pretty good guess at how many babies she had just from watching how many spots wiggled.

I would try giving her some extra hay to play with and see if she starts to build a nest. Wildfire was making them in her litter box before I gave her a nest box. She pulled her blanky in there too.

--Dawn

WOW well today was a really hefty day!!

this morning i thaught id let the buns out (ivo and hunny) done the usual play with them talk to them ect......

i went out the room for emmm about 10 mins..i came back and SOMEHOW benji got out his cage...i put him back and i was trying to find how he got out...theres no finding out! i looked through and through for about 30mins,i dont know how the little crafty boy got out!!

everything on the cage looked so normal the side of the cage was tight locked...least to say i really dont know if anything happend..i swear it seems like im soo irresponsible.
i guess that bunsterlove1969is right im prob to mature for these things..

well i will be moving the cages away from each other as SOON as i get one of them cool nic or condo's..lol i dont know what there called but anyway ill be getting one of those and build it.

well iv got a pic here that will show everyone how the cages are...its pritty sorry to say it like this but crap, but hunny and ivo to get out they have a little bridge for when there cage is open.

lol it might actually discust some of you, but there isnt another way to put them untill i get a new cage done..

the pic.......
18012007.jpg

i know it looks kinda bad,but hunny and ivo arnt in the cage all day there always out every day for HOURS and they love it...when it comes to the cage they dont really do much jus sleep or eat..but i promise you they will get a better cage...i hope i didnt offend anyone with the way there are at the moment....i do alpologise

kim x

Desperate times call for desperate measures! I'm not offended in any way.

I think it's a good temporary measure. First priority is to keep them all seperate until they can be spayed/neutered. A nice big condo would be nice, but is not essential at the moment, there's more important things to do.

You've got a steep learning curve, and you're doing great! It may be better to keep Benji in a different room till he's been fixed, just to avoid him from escaping again. A male bunny will do amazing things to get to a female.

You're doing your best, and that's all that can be asked of you.

--Dawn

i know, ive been buying books here there and everywhere lol...but yeah he will be going in a different room 2morrow...and also ill be keeping them seperate and get a condo cage for the girls...reason just for the girls is because i can do something with the other cages..hm ill try to be crafty my self for a change lol...but no thank you for those whos been helping me im so lucky to find this site god knows what would of happend ifi actually knew nothing about rabbits!!!

i think that would be a nightmare lol but thank you anyway

kim x

I want to say something here, at the risk of starting things up again.

"You are a breeder and have a totally different opinion of bunnies to me."

Bunsterlove1969, how exactly is your opinion of rabbits different from mine? I am a breeder, and every rabbit I have ever had, or ever will have, is a pet to me, and gets the best care I know how to provide.Having a "lot" of rabbits, and selling or rehoming part of them, doesn't mean we don't care.

"and we often find that 'young' people who keep buns, put them with another end up with pregnant buns at the end of it!"

I think you would be amazed at the number of "adult" people who also haven't a clue about how animals reproduce, or how quickly it can happen! You would think the old saying "multiply like rabbits" would give them a clue!

Anyway, I know I have said this on here before, but being a "breeder"doens't mean you are indifferent about rabbits as personalities, or don't get upset when something happens to one of them, or anything like that. I am not trying to be offensive or rude, or to start a fight, but it often seems to me that people who own rabbits just as household petsare prejudiced against people who breed. I know all the little quirksand personalities of every rabbit in my barn, and I'm very proud ofthat.

my mum was a breeder and my nan i acutally spend some of my days at my mums friend who is a breeder...i would like to be one when i am OLDER lol iv always wanted to be one when i was little iv always since i was 4 been fasinated about rabbits,my 1st word was even appit lol,i know there are looads of risks to it but im a confident woman and i will hopfully be prepared for that..it basicly runs in the family and all the rabbits my mum and her friend have they are very well looked after not in most places in the uk where they dump the rabbits in a cramped place and hardly bother with them....i actually love breeders out here i wouldnt have my beautifle little buns other wise:D:D

i know it was a very stupid thing what happend but it was anaccident....i actually went to into a petshop to get some nest beddingand the woman at the shop had a right go at me saying im so irresponsible and kids my age shouldnt have pets at all....not trying to sound all petty but i was for a couple of days i got it from her as well...but its like people havnt heard of accidents before they blamethe middle person:shock:

im not atall starting an agruement but i feel for me to start of this thread it has caused tention and i do really apologise.

i really do love rabbits to PECIES!!!!

they are my most favourite little creatures since forever!

but please dont think cause im a young girl i cant take care of the little babies im not saying it in a bad way i just dont want people to think i am actually irrasponsible..

im sorry this was long i just wanted to tell everyone my story

thank you

kim x

Back