pregnant??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aww thanks dawn your a big help:D

i put a shoe box with hay in it...it seems hunnys the one making a nest(nooo shes not pregnant lol)but shes been working on this work of art for a while now lol the hay is all nicely layed out in the box..i thaugh id put the box in there see what ivo does but she hasnt really done anything with it

she also knows now that if shes good she gets treats and nose rubs so her temper isnt all that bad anymore.

sorry iv got another question..
when ivo is near giving birth can she still run around i mean when the babeys are still in her belly??
she still does quite alot of binkies even in the cage sometimes...

She will be able to run around and do binkies and such right up until she gives birth.

Since rabbits are prey animals, they need to keep their agility as they come close to birth. It would be rather impractical for them to become great big lumbering beasts like us when we get near birth...

Maybe Hunny is experiencing sympathy urges?? Or maybe Ivo convinced her to do all the prep work so she wouldn't have to... lol...

--Dawn

can rabbits make other rabbits actually do that?:shock:

when should i seperate them two??

i woke up this morning and there was loads of hay and straw in the box

Don't know, I've never had two females together. It would be funny though, I can just imagine the conversations...LOL!!

I'm not sure how Ivo will feel having someone else in the cage with her when she gives birth. It could go well, or their could be fights. I would monitor very, very closely to see if they are getting on 100%. And pay special attention when the due date gets closer.

Are they in an area that you could monitor them during the night? I can't remember if they are in your bedroom or not.

I would suggest maybe sleeping near the cage closer to her due date, just to be there when she gives birth, and to monitor the bunnies interactions.

I would imagine since wild rabbits live in large multi-bunny warrens, that females wouldn't mind other females around. But it never hurts to be careful, and watch them very carefully.

If you want to seperate them, I would suggest doing so soon.

Have you see Ivo carry hay in her mouth at all? Or is it Hunny still building the nest?

--Dawn

its just hunny doing it:shock:she deff isnt pregnant lol...

yeah there in my room the bed is near the cage anyway the computer is in the middle of them....but hopfully i dont have to seperate them they do get on really really well hunny is constantly cleaning her iv been watching them both for ages today lol

i thaught id ask a question

or 2

i read that pregnant buns could give birth at just 26days EARLIEST....so that could mean ivo can give birth on wednesday:shock:

i just thaught id clarify it...just to make sure...so i can be 100% ready.

thanks for all the info

kim

Yup, like Pam said, it is possible, but quite unlikely.

Most buns I've had experience with will do it on day 30 or 31.

But just make sure to have lots of hay for Ivo to make a nest with, and a nest box in the cage. And just be observant, watch for frantic hair pulling or signs of discomfort.

--Dawn

hi im wondering if pregnant rabbits could only give birth to 2 or just 1little babeys??

its just that i dont feel much bumps just a couple here and there not much atall..

oh and iv noticed when she lies down she seems to look uncompforable...still no hair pulling..

They can have anywhere from 1 to 15 babies.

Although small breeds (like Ivo) normally stay around 3 to 6 babies.

Wildfire had 4 (one was born out of the nest and didn't make it though) the first time, and the second time she had 5 babies and all survived. Other buns that size I've seen have on average 3-6 though.

If your not seeing or feeling much, then I would expect a smaller litter.

--Dawn

i feel like we are in the same boat!

my girl turned prego in my aniversary, jan 4

so im expecting this week too!

only my little girl is FAT she has always been a petite girl, with her little dewlap, now she is a tank, i hope her little isnt too big for her!

she is also very uncomfortable on her side, i let her lay in my bed on the postropedic matress and she slept for 2 hours today.

i was glad to see her get rest though, she has been sooo antsy

ivo doesnt really act like she is pregnant half the time she does lay down alot during the day but when it comes to me going to bed she does binkies all night:shock:but i deffinatly feel bumps in her belly i dont know im thinking she should give birth eather saturday or sunday...ivo is skinny i have no idea why she eats all day:shock:but you can tell her belly is unusually big when she lays down i dont know im thinking she may only have a couple..well see!!!

kim

:magicwand::stork:
:apollo::bunny18:bunnyangel::bunnydance::bunnybutt::bunny19:bunnydance::dutch:bunnyheart:anotherbun:bunnydance::brown-bunny

Wave the magical wand and poof a bunch a of baby bunnies are presented to you via the bunny stork!

awww shes fine...i swear i still find it really wierd that shes always doing binkies or running around all the time...shes due on saturday or sunday...thanx for asking tho:D

kim

hi...well i dont know what to say lol but i think ivos in labour:shock:

i just saw this big puddle in the middle of the cage and i thaught it was odd for he to pee there when shes ALWAYS pees and poops in the litter tray also..her pee smells stronger than the one she did in the middle of the cage..it smelt wierd...

she hops a bit funny too..she has her tail in between her legs when she hops but her hoping its shef is sorta wierd...i dont knowwhat to make of it..but i thaught id have you thaughts as this is the 1st time iv had a pregnant bun...

shes also acting calmer too..and eating a heck load of hay..she hasnt made a nest thats the thing..and shes suppose 2 be due in 3days...let me know if she is in labour im so worried at the moment its unbearable

kim

I wouldn't worry to much (I know, easy for me to say!) most of the time rabbits will give birth with no problem, even first time moms. Of course, I still get tense about those first litters myself, so mabye I'm not the one to reasure you here! LOL She will probably give birth at night, they like it dark, quiet and private to give birth. It's the instinct of a prey animal, because they and the babies are vulnerable to predators during birth.

Latest posts

Back