Pregnancy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it a realisable rabbit vet? It's sounds like a pretty good price
When is she booked in for the x Ray!

Hi.....sorry for the late update...... Bugs was neutered and is absolutely OK now. Bugs and Lola are together now. And Lola was not pregnant.

That's wonderful news! Hopefully your little boy recovers in no time :) Are you planning on getting Lola spayed?

It would definitely be the best option for her :) It prevents cancer and she'll live a happier, healthier life. It may also reduce hormonal behaviours and make her easier to bond with Bugs. There are a few posts made recently about the benefits of spaying, it would be good to check those out :)

:sad:
Its always better to spay since females have a 80% chance of getting uterine cancer by the age of 3, You could take the odds or spay her so you'll beat all odds.

The percentage quoted is a bit high, and misleading. The risk of cancer increases with the age of the doe, but it does go up significantly once they reach 5-6 years old. Only one study showed the 80% (in older does), others show it at more than half, which is still pretty high but not as high as the one study (which also used small sample size). Regardless, it's still a good idea to spay.

Thanks......I will get her spayed then......but after a couple of months.....once Bugs recovers properly.
And I also want to give them some together as they were separated for quite a while.

:sad:

The percentage quoted is a bit high, and misleading. The risk of cancer increases with the age of the doe, but it does go up significantly once they reach 5-6 years old. Only one study showed the 80% (in older does), others show it at more than half, which is still pretty high but not as high as the one study (which also used small sample size). Regardless, it's still a good idea to spay.

Oh sorry my bad :) I thought it was 3 ^_^

Latest posts

Back