Pregnancy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BugsLola1411

Reaction score
My bunnies, Bugs and Lola mated on the 10th if June. How and when will I know if Lola is pregnant?

She will drink more, she will start making a nest on around the 28th-29th day. And you should be able to paplate her soon.
Sorry I was just wondering if your a registered breeder?

If Lola is pregnant, she may also display aggressive behaviour, but this varies from doe to doe :)

I guess that the best way to know for sure is to take her to a good bunny vet :)

Good luck :)

Hi Taylah..... I am not a registered breeder. Bugs and Lola are my house pets.

How old are your buns?

Accidental breedings do, unfortunately happen. The best way to prevent unwanted babies is to spay and neuter.

You made the right decision of taking her to the vet. You will be able to know if she's pregnant and prepare.

I hope that all turns out well :) Keep us updated!

They are about 5 to 6 months old. I do have an appointment with the vet for today evening. I will surely let you'll know. Thanks a lot for the help.

So the doe is only 5 mths old that is quite young for a doe to be pregnant, I have heard a lot of issues with does becoming pregnant at 5-6 mths.. Most ending with death. Be careful and at least you are taking them to the vet.
Spay and neuter them, it's the best opinion if you want them to be together, and avoid unwanted litters.
I'm sorry if I sounded rude or anything but I have had a lot of people tell me how ALOT of issues have arises form accidental litters and people who don't know how to properly look after them.
You should of been a little more careful but I have read your other posts and seem like a good owner so I'm sorry :)
Good luck and make sure you post pics when they arrive :)

Unless the vet does an x-ray or ultrasound I wouldn't totally depend on his/her word whether she's pregnant. We made that mistake with our first doe and were totally unprepared because we believed the vet.

As far as behavior, you can't always depend on this to know if they're pregnant. Not all does eat more and not all does get aggressive. They can even fool you by nesting and then not having anything. By day 30-32, though, you'll know.

Hiee......we did go to the vet.....and she checked Lola......and said that she will need to see her again over the weekend as my bunnies mated on the 10th of June and its a little too early to say yet.
Soo in d next 6 days I have to take her there again.
She is also going to give them deworming medicine. She has also given me the number of a guy who supplies Timothy Hay.
She had asked me to give them pellets even though they do not like it. They eat only coriander, cucumber, carrots, cabbage and Durva (which us a kind of grass which we use to offer God).
I will surely keep all of you'll posted in the updates. Thanks a lot

Did your vet say if they would palpate, X-ray or ultrasound?

That's great that you got the number for the hay :)

Thanks for updating us.

She said that it has been 10 days since the mating, soo it will be a little early to say. Soo she has called us again with Lola on Saturday..... That is 6 days down d line..... To check

Latest posts

Back