Prayers for Miffy for Tuesday...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mummybunny

Reaction score
Hi all,

Some of you may have read my earlier post about Miffy biting into her dewlap during a vigorous groom. She then went on to chew more at the wound and had to go to the vet wherewe were given an antiseptic gel to apply to the wound to dry it up.

However, she went on to chew more at it, opening it up even more and making it all bloody. So she now has to go in tothe vet on Tuesday to get the yucky fleshtaken off and itstitched up. The vet is going to do interdermal stitches as she'd have normal ones out in a second.

PLEASE PRAY FOR HER ON TUESDAY

I am so worried for my baby girl as she has to have a general anaesthetic. I know a dewlap is not a major organ but still........:( poor baby.

Thank you so much, I'll let you all know how shegets on....

mummybunny xx

ohhh what a beautiful baby girl she is:)

i will be sending all my good thoughts her way:pray:

from all the way in :Australia:my bunch of bunnies arebinking for miffy

I hope she gets on ok. I am sure she will be fine. Will you put a collar on her to stop her biting at it until it is healed? I know they don't like wearing them but from experience sometimes it is the only way you can get some buns to heal if they are especially keen on biting at wounds. I suppose it depends where her wound is on the dewlap doesn't it, it might rub.

Hi mummybunny!

Our prayers and thoughts will be with you a Miffy!

Our Binkie just had surgery on her dewlap to remove an abcess. They used 3 external sutures and she managed to get them all chew out by this morning. So she's back at the vet to see if they can do internal stitches and/or she may have to wear the dorky collar.:(

~Jim

Thank you all for your positive thoughts - JimD I hope Binkie gets on okay too Have spent time giving her lots ofkisses and cuddles....it'll be a stressful day tomorrow for us all. Fingers crossed.......

mummybunny xx

Well, she survived the op okay but gave us a massive fright this evening - had to make emergency call to vet at home on his mobile.

Poor soul has a huge stitched wound running from the left hand side under her jaw/chin right round to the right - prob about 10 stitches.

Vet said op went well and he has tried to place stitches underneath so she can't (no matter how she tries, and she is trying!) to get to them.

Anyway, back to this evening. Hubbie and I thought we should pick her up and have a look, count how many stitches she has so we know if sh'e gotten any out etc and she struggled a bit, then all of a sudden there was all this bright red blood dripping on the sofa, then the floor as we put her down. PANIC PANIC!!

I picked her up again and she has all this blood under her neck, on her lips and down her dewlap. We bunny buritioed her and she was struggling and stressing and so were we!!!!! Phone call to vet immediately but he said that what probably happened was that blood had pooled during/after the op and this was it leaking out now cause she had wriggled about. OMG!! Poor wee soul was trying to clean it all up and now has a pink bloody dewlap.

She has been eating greens and cucumber fine so we are happy about that. I'll keep you all updated. No signs of any stitches having been removed - hubbie going to spend night on couch to check on her during the night.

Stressful all round or what?!!! Fingers and toes crossed she'll be fine.............. mummybunny xx

Oh dear. How scary. But she has come through the anaesthetic and that is the most dangerous part so I am sure she will start to get better now. hope she doesn't give you any more frights. poor bunny.

Latest posts

Back