Prayers for Miffy for Tuesday...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news so far - she is much better and no more bleeding thank God!!

She is very perky, eating, drinking and pooing/peeing fine. We've not tried to look at the wound again yet, so we must do that.

She's still trying to get to the stitches but they are right across her throat so she can't no matter how she tries.

I'll keep you updated.

mummybunny xx

Mummybunny,

how is little miffy going?i have been thinking about little miffywith all those stitches,she must have been a sore bun when she came home from the vet,poor little thing but im sure she is feeling much better now:)

cheryl..

Hi all,

Miffy gets her stitches out on Saturday morning. They have left her with a slightly lopsided face as they are obviously pulling more on one side than the other - wee shame!!

She is still desperately trying to get to them, resulting in her almost constantly tugging at her dewlap - she has pulled hair from one side and on the other side it looks like she has broken the skin again so we are wiping it with the solution the vet gave us for the first wound. I so hope it heals fine without her biting at it more - that's how she ended up this way in the first place.

I can imagine the vet eventually putting a collar on her until all her neck and dewwlap heals as she worries at it alot if she has a scab. OMG that'll stress her out!!

She's so daft - we don't really know how to stop her biting at herself - she doesn't have mites/skin disease, has loads to do in the house, has little Munchkin, her devoted housebunny wee friend, gets lots of attention and has free run of most of the house!! What more can a bun want?????

In despair!! mummybunny xx

Binkie wanted me to send a message to Miffy:

"Hi Miffy!

I'm sorry that you had to have surgery. I also had surgery on my dewlap , but my stitches only go up one side and not all the way across...OUCH that must really be uncomfortable. But please listen to me and leave your stitches alone okay?!?! I pulled mine out and I had to go back to that awful place where they made me go to sleep again so they could put new stiches in. I had to stay there all day and my Daddy couldn't pick me up until it was dark out. I was sooo scared. And worst of all I have to wear this stupid collar thingie FOR TWO WEEKS. Hopefully I can get it off on Friday, but I may have to wait until Monday now because I pulled the stiches out. So listen to me and leave those stiches alone!!

I hope you're feeling better real soon!!

Scrunches and BunnieKisses from,
Binkie"

~Jim

To Miffy from Benjamin:

I was so sad to hear you had to go to that nasty place where they make you sleep alot, and have nothing to burrow in! imagine that! yuck yuck yuck! Well, I hope you get rid of those... whatcha call 'em... What's that mommy? Oh, yeah... stitches really soon! Until then, try not to chew those things! they might bite back!

:brownbunny-B. Bunny :brownbunny

From Benjamin's Mommy:

Get well Soon Miffy! :heart:

Greta

Hi bunnymummy,

My vet explained to me that they get into a cycle of itch,lick,bite,scratch and then it just starts to escalate from there until they can't control themselves sometimes. I guess it's like us when we get a mosquito bite....itch, scratch, itches more, scratch it more, itches even more, scratch it till it's bleeding, etc.

~Jim

Hi all,

so she's made the new wound much worse, it almost looks like the original wound that she had to be operated on for. Phoned the vet and he wants to see her today, so I'll be taking her at 6pm (even though we have an appointment for her on Sat to look at her stitches). No doubt a collar is in order - trouble is the placing of her operation stitches - right across her throat - so it may pose a problem.

I'll let you know what vet says/does!!!!

Totally exasperated!!mummybunny xx

Oh dear. That bunny is trouble! sorry to hear she has done it again. It's a shame she has to get a collar but I think it is the only way forward now. Hope you get on ok at the vet and it finally all gets sorted out. Best wishes Katy x

:nonono:no,no,no miffy,do not go eating yourself,naughty miffy.ohh im sure she gets loads of attention but maybe she wants more,this way she probably gets ..........special treatment.

ohh little miffy,be a good girl for your mummy and dont stress her out anymore.

good luck at the vet,hope everything goes well for miffy:).

cheryl...

Poor Miffy!!:(

Binkie's abcess was in her dewlap. When they removed it the made an incision down the left side. The vet was able to postion the collar so her dewlap was inside the collar. I'm sure it rubbed and irritated a bit, but it was much better that having Binkie be able to chew the stitches out again. It took her a few days to get used to navigating around, but she seems to be dealing with it pretty well. Good luck, and keep us updated.

Continuing to send prayers and good thoughts 'cross the pond!!

~Jim

Poor Miffy...she is going to have bunny plastic surgery! You will have to reassure her she looks beautiful...maybe she feel the dewlap makes her look fat! You know how into their looks our beautiful buns are.

I wish you guys the best of luck and hopefully she will start to leave it alone.

Take care miffy and stop stressing your poor parents they love you!!

S.

I'm on the other thread for Miffy y'all and I'm dancin' my lil feet off trying to make the bad thingies go away......

:dancing:

~Jim

Hi all,

went to vet and he's very pleased with her operation incision, it's healing really cleanly. However, he's not too pleased she's now made another wound!!

She got another Baytril and steroid injection and he's still reluctant to put a collar on her as it'll stress her, but not as much as her chewing at herself is stressing us!!

We've to go back on Saturday so she may get one then if she still hasn't left the new wound alone. He may take out her operation wound stitches if she'll let him, but they will come out on their own if not he says.

Patch on the back of her neck wasn't ringworm but a reaction to antibiotic/steroid injection she got at her operation. If it's not one thing it's another!!!!!

I'll let you all know how she gets on at the vet on Saturday.....

mummybunny xx

Hi Katy G,

I'm just east of you in Tranent!!

Anyway, Miffy got all her stitches out with no fuss. Vet very pleased with healing of operation wound. He gave us a cone for her but we have not put it on her as she has (fingers crossed) been leaving the new wound alone - it is still all scabby and bald but less scabby and bald than before!!

mummybunny x

Latest posts

Back