Powder and the crazy parrot

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since they aren't supposed to swap germs or have much physical contact yet, I put her back up (I had been adjusting something in her new area when he ran in here) and now he's stretching trying to get to her like "why'd you take her away? give her back!" lol

Now to go place new ant traps outside and hopefully they will stay OUT of the house and eat those. :)

Aww, welcome to the new girl. Sounds like Powder is going to be a happy boy :D

Is she a Rex/miniRex? If so, they don't have normal whiskers - they are kind of curly and look chewed. We had a Rexy girl that had no whiskers at all :?

Hope all goes well :)

Jan

No idea, I posted her picture in the other thread asking about care of her few problems and someone suggested that as well. I hope that is the case! The ends on two are even (the shortest) and the rest are kind of natural looking but varying lengths, with the eyes being really long and curled with a "split end" break. But, then, the two that are even and really short were closest to where the sticker glue is too... (right under her chin/on her neck/down her side).

She has decided her litterbox is a bed, not a litter box after all. Even though I put it in her chosen corner. Silly bun.

Powder is going to drive me crazy in the few weeks before I can start the bonding process with these two lol

I was prepared for aggression, marking, hormones. I wasn't prepared for... hyper activity. We went to bed with Powder last night and the girl stayed in the living room. Powder spent the _entire_ night running back and forth, back and forth, when he ran into the bedroom he'd jump on the bed and lay down for 30 seconds, then jump down and run down the hallway to his room, checking the gate on the way then back. I lost count of how many times he ended up jumping on the bed - including climbing onto my legs, running up my body to my shoulders, then jumping down, but it was over 10.

Going to call the vet today and see when they can fit an appointment in lol

I have the girl locked off in the kitchen/laundry room area today so she can come out of the cage and she's running around. No electronics in that area that aren't against their own cords so she's safe and I have it baby gated off. She crawled into my lap when I cleaned out her cage like "Hey, what are you doing to my house? I have to supervise!". And she has such the little attitude on her.. she's already thumped at me twice for annoying her while I was in there. She is also seeming to be a more destructo-bun than Powder is, I woke up this morning to a litterbox pushed away (I have clips for it, so i'll use those), her food bowl over turned and her bedding had been kicked all over from her digging.

I have some paper off a roller my boyfriend brought home from his job in the laundry room, boyfriend brought it home for Powder, but it is loud (not soft like newspaper) so he didn't like it. Well, the new girl likes it... she was hopping all around it making it make as much crinkling noise as possible. So I rolled it up into a tunnel and she's been binkying and running through it lol

I made a second tunnel for Powder, but he still doesn't like it. He's been sitting at the baby gate staring at her most the morning. He has foregone his nap today in favor of watching her. She has been too busy playing with her toys to even look his way though.

I know she is lol I put chew sticks in her cage and she immediately chewed at them, she was digging the towel on her way home in the carrier ... I was like "I think we're gonna need to do some more bunny proofing". Powder is so well behaved he'll sit on a pile of computer wires and not touch them, but I can see her destroying every wire she sees!

I sat in her room with her for a while and anytime I moved she grunted and thumped at me, sheesh. Bossy much? ;D

Lol! Michiko is like her - destructive to the core! Michiko has destroyed her share of wires in her day. You'll definitely have to block everything off with that little one hopping around.

I have special toys for out-of-cage time as well, to pretty much help keep Michiko distracted and away from the cords in the house until we can afford more grids to block off the computer, game consoles, entertainment center, etc.

Woke up this morning, cleaned out the animals litterboxes and cages, gave them breakfast. And.. the girl bunny jumped on my lap again to supervise, but she peed on me! Ick. I had just put on new pants too lol Ah well. She's continuing to prove a handful but an adorable little bundle of fur with her spunky personality. I let her stay out of the cage last night and put up some extra barriers for Powder so he couldn't get out of his half of the house.

When I left her for nightnight last night she got on her hind legs and reached her front ones as far as they would go into the kitchen (she's scared to go onto the tile for now) like "don't leave me!" :( and I woke up to her sleeping right where the carpet turns to tile, on the carpet side, as close as she could get to the gate in her mind. She didn't make any mess on the floor, not even droppings, all of it went into her cage... which is better than I can say for Powder (who still leaves a few droppings around the house), though she still has no concept of a "litterbox" - to her that box thing is a bed.

Anytime I go into the kitchen now I have to come over to the carpet and give her pets, she stands up on her hind legs and asks for them. She'll even claw my leg a little if I am doing laundry like "hey, down here, pet me!". Such a little sweetheart. She still doesn't like me to walk up to her though, she has to come to me, my guess would be the little kid she was owned by walked up and picked her up because she panics if I approach her, to the point of wetting herself. :s

Aww! It's so sweet when they follow you to the edge of the carpet and then look at you longingly and wait for you to come back.

It sounds like your little girl is fitting in great so far!

Yep she is - she even figured out what that feathered thing is that keeps getting in her territory is - it's a feather toy! :laugh: ... he was running around her area on the floor and she was like "ooh, toy!" and started chasing him, trying to catch his tail, like a cat with those peacock feather teasers. Thanos wasn't interested in being a bunny feather teaser though, so he flew away.

Yeah, he still sits by the baby gate just staring longingly at her, but he slept last night (thankfully!) and is napping away atm in his closet like normal.

Urgh. A/C is broken - guy coming out to look at it this morning... but the buns spent a very uncomfy night at 80F in the house. I kept all the fans on for them, but they were still draped over the A/C vents wanting cold air. :(

Hehe probably, I turned on all the fans for them! But it wasn't as cold.

Our A/C got repaired, the ants had infested the A/C unit and broken some of the connectors to make a nest out of them... yay.

Little girl goes either Friday or Monday to get spayed, have to figure out which day boyfriend can make the drive since they aren't open on weekends and he works weekdays.

Latest posts

Back