Powder and the crazy parrot

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a great bank that has been notified that we were affected by the PSN hack and they've heightened surveillance on at-risk accounts. Hopefully nothing bad happens.

I've never played EQ, but hubbs has. I'm kind of picky about groups, so I'm actually a Level 50 who has never been in a RIFT dungeon. LOL! I've killed oodles of rifts, though. Several I've done on my own. Being guildless doesn't help.

We almost had a house, but when we went to look at it the person who was supposed to show it to us never showed. We called them after waiting for around 30 minutes and they told us they had already sold the place. :\ We never found another one within our price range. We pay more than you for our townhouse. It's sick. Our neighbor is a bachelor who doesn't believe in turning down the bass. Our walls rattle on a daily basis.

What a spoiled bunny. Lol! I keep newspaper out for Michiko when she's free-roaming. She loves to chew on that stuff.

That is good. No banks have reported fraud charges yet, but there have been phishing reports so I don't think they got enough info on anyone to really do anything bad to them. People have gotten calls from fake bank employees asking for personal info though.

I'm picky about groups too, that is why I like EQ... no dungeon queues, you actually get to ask the people "what is your gear like?" and pick exactly the right classes you want! lol I did a queue in Rift, it took 30 minutes to get in a group on Wolfbane and one guy went AFK through half of it before the group finally voted to kick him out. It was fun though, very pretty zones.

That sounds like a very bad realtor :s that sucks. Our place boyfriend saw the guy putting the "for sale" sign out on the way home, so it was on the market about 5 minutes before we had it. lol Hope you find another house in your area soon!

Oh you have no idea how spoiled he is. Rain or shine I have to go out and get him fresh grass, or he isn't happy. He won't stay in his cage without freaking out, so he has free run of the house. He has "chew pads" around the house - pieces of bunny safe paper/cardboard that he can lay down on and chew. His hay piles are all over the place, chew sticks by every wall corner so he doesn't chew the wooden trim. He and the bird share a corner of the fridge for fresh salads. And even if I don't need the A/C on, it's on if it gets above 72F in the house because he likes to lay on the vents and soak up the cool air. He has his carrier open 24/7 for a den, also the closet, cardboard boxes about the house, etc. And I'll be building him a run outside soon, so he can enjoy the nice weather now that it is starting to warm up enough I can go out and do it (it snowed in late march, was 30 in April and was 50 a few days ago, argh). No one can enter our house without knowing we have a bunny - though they probably think we're just slobs to start with! (I clean his litter box several times a day though, so we don't have the litterbox smell)

The house was for rent. We're military, so that's all we can do. We can't buy a house yet (especially not in this city, this place sucks ... lol!). It was so sucky, though. We were looking all around it and were really thinking we'd like to live in it and then we have to call them to find out they had given it to someone else.

What a great find on your house! Must have been fate. :)

Hubbs did that blizzard dungeon you were talking about, Realm of the Fae as a Level 50 only once and he'll never do it again. His group was horrible and they died something like 15 times and then got to the last boss and couldn't finish him. He was at it for more than 3 hours. I see him go through stuff like that and I'm like, "Maybe I'll just keep soloing." LOL!

Yeah, they could of at least called you and let you know they wouldn't be meeting you and it was already taken. Some common courtesy.

Was a great find - then we went to the shelter to get a bun and the one we had originally looked at had been given a home that day, 20 minutes before we called, so we got Powder instead. So it was all the universes plan to give him a good home! lol

Ugh, that must not have been fun for your hubby. My group wiped twice, but that was due to the AFK guy, once we got an active person in the 5th slot we cleared it np. I was healing though, I always make healers cause 90% of the healers in MMOs I play with can't keep their group up to save their lives (quite literally). Can't blame you for not grouping after watching that though, eeks!

Hubbs is a necromancer, but he ends up healing 90% of the time. The healers are bad. I'd like to make a tank, but I'll probably do that as my second role on my Warrior and then maybe build a Defiant healer. I've never played a healer, but I have noticed it's hard to find good ones and it would make it easier for me to get into dungeon parties. My Warrior is DPS so it's really hard to find groups since everyone is always looking for tanks and healers. Lol!

Aww, Powder is such a lucky bunny. My luck was pretty much like that. It was my birthday and I got on CL to see what was listed and BAM! English Lop baby bunny, the breed I had been trying to get for 6 years! The universe works in mysterious ways ...

I was told the best healers in rift are chloro mages, oddly enough. It's always hard to find good healers in every game, people get a healer and then want to DPS, or don't pay any attention to their groups life, etc etc.. I don't get it. I do like that you can flip between dps and healer within 2 seconds in Rift though, that is nice.

Great birthday present :) English lops are so pretty, I had never seen one before this forum and those ears ... I would be playing with them for hours lol

Chloromancer is best, but necromancers can DPS and do back-up heals. Hubbs has to do that a lot, but he'll have to switch roles if the main healer is being a dunce. I love having multiple roles. It's so cool to be able to do so many different things with your character. The only bad part is if I make a tank with my warrior then I have to buy all the gear and I have to keep my gear on me and switch it out if I need to change over. So in that sense it can be a bit of a pain as well.

Michiko will tolerate many things, but ear-touching is not one of them. I can usually get a quick look and feel every so often, but she'll usually shake her head and then run away if you try to touch the ears too much.

Do they have a macro system, where you can flip gear in a button click if you set up the macro for it?

Powder is the same way with his ears - if I touch them he gets annoyed, or has to groom himself because we put human cooties on his ears.

They do have a macro system, but I've never messed with it (I know, so much I haven't experienced). There probably is a way to set it up so it auto-switches your gear or something. I need to look into it a little more.

LOL! Human cooties. :rofl:

Macros would make it a lot easier if they let you set it up like that :)

Powder let me sleep in today, woohoo. He jumped on our bed last night and laid on my legs to get petted, aww.

He has been sleeping in the closet a LOT during the day and we couldn't figure out why, it's dark sure, but he's been favoring it over other rooms he usually likes to lay in. Then today I walked by him and noticed... he's laying right against the mirror we have stored in the closet, snuggling with his own reflection.

Marrie wrote:
he's laying right against the mirror we have stored in the closet, snuggling with his own reflection.
Aww, that's too cute. Methinks he needs a friend ;)

I hear you about big bunnies jumping on the bed. Shadow is a NZ black, and he sometimes does that. Isn't it weird waking up with a big bunny face staring right at you :D

I love both Powder and Thanos :)

Jan

Yeah, he does seem to want a friend. Hopefully he won't be like Fraggles and attack other bunnies but want to snuggle his mirror lol he goes to the vet soon for his neuter, then once he's healed back off to the shelter for a bunny pal I think!

I wish he just stared at me - he jumps right on my thighs or my stomach, like "HEY YOU! GET UP!" hehe but he's too cute when he does things that are bossy. Like, today I was laying on the floor working on a computer (boyfriend keeps volunteering me to fix all his co-workers computers for free...) and Powder walks up to me, pushes his head under my hand that was on the mouse and lays down for petting. *sigh* He really gets into the whole bunny-slave thing. :)

Thanks, i'll pass on all the compliments they've gotten here - though with both their obsessions with mirrors (Thanos is currently singing to his mirror, he calls the reflection a pretty bird) I don't know if they need to get any bigger heads!

The weather here still has not decided whether it wants to be warm or cold. 50F here today, windy and wet. *sigh* I want to take the animals out, but it keeps warming up too late to do it. I miss Florida, it would be nice and sunny by now!

Thanks, Dave. :)

So I moved Powders mirror into a better area and he'll sniff it, lick it, lay next to it. Poor guy probably doesn't get why it won't return the affection.

I have a litterbox for him but he's so funny about it. He is 100% litter trained - as long as the litterbox is perfectly clean. I don't mean clean it once a day clean, I mean if he uses it once, it has to be cleaned out.
So I cleaned out his box when I put Thanos to bed, then when we went to bed and I locked him into the bedroom/bathroom area (living room has books I don't trust him not to chew overnight) it was dirty again, so I go to clean it out. I pick up the box, dump the dirty litter, put clean litter in. The whole time Powder is sitting at my feet, or hopping around me. I go to place it back in the litterbox spot and... Powder runs over to the spot before I can put it back and pees. So I have to get the vinegar and paper towels and clean that up, then put the box back!

In the mornings when I wake up, he's so jittery like a little kid that is dancing because he has to go so bad. I put more litterboxes down for him, but he will not use them because they aren't in HIS spot. But, he won't use his spot if there are any droppings or urine in it either. Has to be just plain, clean litter. Doesn't matter how big the litterbox is either, if he sees dirty litter, the entire box is soiled. *sigh*

What a picky bun. LOL! I could never train Michiko, so I just stopped trying. She's happy to potty wherever she pleases and I'm happy to take the shop vac to the room and clean it all up. Buns are so crazy.

Powder, you're such a goof!

Hehe yes he is a picky bun, but he's adorable and sweet so he gets away with it. I guess I can't blame him, I wouldn't want to get urine on my feet either and he is a pretty long bunny, so even the large cat boxes he can't totally get away from the damp spots.

A bunny came up in town that is in need of a home - she was taken from a neglectful owner, is young, female and comes with a cage and all accessories for a small rehoming fee. So, Powder gets a friend a bit ahead of schedule and they can both be altered and then when healed up, start on bonding. Hopefully it goes well, if not, the house is big they'll just have to deal with smelling another rabbit. lol

14565_211047_420000000.jpg

Supposed to pick her up tomorrow. :)

Back