Potty trained bun peeing everywhere!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Hello.. my sister has an almost 3 years old female bun that isn't spayed. She's been potty trained since she was two months old and NEVER pees outside.

And now this month she suddenly started to pee everywhere! I don't think it's a bladder issue because she isn't leaking. She sits in a spot and pees, with a few nasty poops. Like she's marking territory. Which is weird because nothing changed, we don't have any other pets or anything.

When my sister picks her up and puts her in the litter box, she just sits there for a minute, then runs out to a spot on the floor and pees there!

Please help Spaying is not an option though

I would first look at any possible environmental factors that might have changed, or an upset to her routine. Loud unusual noises or smells, barking dogs, furniture moved, her area moved, new litter or litter box, litter box moved, new people around, picking her up when she doesn't like it, doing something else that might be upsetting or offending her. Anything new and different, anything that could cause irritation or upset.

If everything is pretty much the same, then a potential medical issue is a good possibility. Usually a UTI and/or bladder sludge, but it could be a different underlying medical problem causing pain and/or discomfort, that can cause her to have accidents as well, due to the discomfort. For an older unspayed doe, unfortunately uterine abnormalities are something to be considered. But this is just a possibility.

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Urine

I would first look at any possible environmental factors that might have changed, or an upset to her routine. Loud unusual noises or smells, barking dogs, furniture moved, her area moved, new litter or litter box, litter box moved, new people around, picking her up when she doesn't like it, doing something else that might be upsetting or offending her. Anything new and different, anything that could cause irritation or upset.

If everything is pretty much the same, then a potential medical issue is a good possibility. Usually a UTI and/or bladder sludge, but it could be a different underlying medical problem causing pain and/or discomfort, that can cause her to have accidents as well, due to the discomfort. For an older unspayed doe, unfortunately uterine abnormalities are something to be considered. But this is just a possibility.

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Urine
Everything is the same.
About the bladder issues, as I said it doesn’t look like an accident but more like on purpose, and she poops with with it. The poops are shiny and smelly like territorial poops

Have you taken your Bun to the vet for a check at all, it might be a good idea, just to make sure there is nothing serious going on, because if everything is the same and your Bun is still doing it, it may be a hidden issue inside.

Also, rabbits can hear sounds we can't, as their ears are fantastic tools. So often they can get scared, nervous or territorial all of a sudden and we wonder what on earth they are is going on, when everything is normal, but it is simply because they heard a sudden new sound we didn't hear. Your Bun may also have smelled a new smell it hasn't smelt before, which can cause the same reaction.

I think you might need to just get your Bun checked, and then if the vet gives the all-clear, it may be that your Bun got a fright or a bit nervous about something you didn't notice or have knowledge of.

Latest posts

Back