Potty train newly adopted 1y.o. buck

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darojati

Reaction score
Hi all

could you share tips & advices of your experience to potty train >1 year old rabbit?

We adopted Bubu when he was already 13months old... then we fixed him, then he's got scabies and in recovery mode now.

He was not potty trained yet at the farm.. so he pees everywhere in his playpen.

Bubu is quite active recently as he's recovering from scabies and hard to train him in playpen..

Any tips are welcome. Thanks!

It seems like most people have a open litter box like a cat would use. I have been using one that has a grate over it so my guy is never sitting in his urine or his poops. I saw where he was going the most and put the box there and its been success ever since. My guy has white feet so its nice that their not yellowed from his pee.

It seems like most people have a open litter box like a cat would use. I have been using one that has a grate over it so my guy is never sitting in his urine or his poops. I saw where he was going the most and put the box there and its been success ever since. My guy has white feet so its nice that their not yellowed from his pee.
An open box of wood pellets topped with hay will not soil a rabbit (belly or paws) either. The twice daily additions of hay prevent bunny from getting soiled. Here are some of my past white-pawed buns showing their clean paws from this set up.

1626555106515.png

Back