post fly strike surgery

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little update! The vet said she has spurs on her molars and that is probably why she isn't eating much of her pelleted food or hey since its probably abit painful for her. So we are taking her to get them shaved down tomorrow. However ill be away the day after and do will my parents so im super worried. A family friend will come by twice a day to check on her and leave her with food but I hate that I will be away for her recovery. We can't take her either as uts a no pets hotel we booked month in advance and couldn't predict something like this happening. She just got back to being her normal self and we need to take her back to the vet which im dreading since I hated seeing her that way she was so depressed and just not her self. I just feel really sorry for her and into if that there is the stress from the surgery. Even though its nothing major she still has to go under anethstesia and she isn't that young anymore! Im just abit worried its too soon from the previous surgery but I don't want her to be in pain either. Does anyone have experience with this so I know what to expect? Recovery time etc. I just want her to feel better again :(

Not sure what you're capable of, but maybe ask the vet if they can keep her until you all get back? Just an idea!

Not sure what you're capable of, but maybe ask the vet if they can keep her until you all get back? Just an idea!
That would be great but I don't think they do pet sitting. I know another vet near us that does but they only cat sit so I don't think that would work. Its a great idea though thank you!

Little update! The vet said she has spurs on her molars and that is probably why she isn't eating much of her pelleted food or hey since its probably abit painful for her. So we are taking her to get them shaved down tomorrow. However ill be away the day after and do will my parents so im super worried. A family friend will come by twice a day to check on her and leave her with food but I hate that I will be away for her recovery. We can't take her either as uts a no pets hotel we booked month in advance and couldn't predict something like this happening. She just got back to being her normal self and we need to take her back to the vet which im dreading since I hated seeing her that way she was so depressed and just not her self. I just feel really sorry for her and into if that there is the stress from the surgery. Even though its nothing major she still has to go under anethstesia and she isn't that young anymore! Im just abit worried its too soon from the previous surgery but I don't want her to be in pain either. Does anyone have experience with this so I know what to expect? Recovery time etc. I just want her to feel better again :(
Molar spurs seems to be quite common in bunnies lately, not sure if its common where you are but it is in the philippines :( some bunnies have to get their dental trim monthly. Other bunnies take a few months to a year.

I've only experienced this once back in 2019, got him neutered at the same time as well. Luckily, he's been eating very well since then and haven't had to go back for a trim since :)

Please dont forget to get some painmeds like metacam, your bun will need it :)

Latest posts

Back