Possible peanut baby? Please help!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jb77342

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I had my first litter born on the 04/01/2022, the dad is a Netherland dwarf x mini lop, and the mum is a cashmere lop x mini lop and this is her very first litter. They were born in a burrow so I haven’t been able to see them until this week and I’ve noticed a tiny little baby in amongst them (as pictured). They’re going on 3 weeks old as of tomorrow and I’m not sure if this little one is a peanut baby or just a runt?
Any ideas and advice would be greatly appreciated :)

080066E5-CD41-4584-8113-AE838B2EEC59.jpeg

Attachments

• 74B0A426-205F-434A-9835-1600982A90FE.jpeg
    74B0A426-205F-434A-9835-1600982A90FE.jpeg
    513.9 KB · Views: 0
  • B4D8C020-41BE-4DD2-A938-9245CE0B9480.jpeg
    B4D8C020-41BE-4DD2-A938-9245CE0B9480.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Are both parents true dwarfs? If not this is a runt. Also proportions don't look off to me, and he's still alive at 3 weeks after all. Good luck with that little fella, there could still be something wrong, no way to tell but to wait and see.

Are both parents true dwarfs? If not this is a runt. Also proportions don't look off to me, and he's still alive at 3 weeks after all. Good luck with that little fella, there could still be something wrong, no way to tell but to wait and see.
The dad is on the left and the previous owner wasn’t sure what breed he is so I’ve assumed he’s a Netherland dwarf crossed with a mini lop and the mum pictured on the right is a cashmere lop crossed with a mini lop. Does this change anything in terms of potentially having a peanut baby given they’re both a mix of 2 different breeds?

Attachments

• 189FFF03-3688-41DF-B84C-83129169369B.jpeg
    189FFF03-3688-41DF-B84C-83129169369B.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
I don't care what the answer is to your question, I care that that's the tiniest littlest cutiest ittybitty luvbun I've EVER seen 🤗🥰 ohh that little fella just tickles my heart strings something BAD.

It sure is a Trooper (it's name possibly 😉), to still be alive and looking well after 3 weeks hiding out in a burrow. Be thankful it has strength to get about and come out for you to even notice you have a small luvbun. I think your little fighter is what I call a "runt". .the last of the litter, the smallest of the bunch.
May need a bit of extra care ..but other than that, I don't think you need to worry whether to call it a runt or peanut (I actually am not 100% sure what the name peanut refers to, in bunbun world 🤷‍♀️) just call it a Trooper. A Blessing 🥰💞💖

I don't care what the answer is to your question, I care that that's the tiniest littlest cutiest ittybitty luvbun I've EVER seen 🤗🥰 ohh that little fella just tickles my heart strings something BAD.

It sure is a Trooper (it's name possibly 😉), to still be alive and looking well after 3 weeks hiding out in a burrow. Be thankful it has strength to get about and come out for you to even notice you have a small luvbun. I think your little fighter is what I call a "runt". .the last of the litter, the smallest of the bunch.
May need a bit of extra care ..but other than that, I don't think you need to worry whether to call it a runt or peanut (I actually am not 100% sure what the name peanut refers to, in bunbun world 🤷‍♀️) just call it a Trooper. A Blessing 🥰💞💖
Thank you for the kind message! We ended up calling our little bun ‘Peanut’ as a name after all the stress and confusion. I ended up bringing him inside morning and night and feeding him (he was also still feeding from mum) and he went from 60g to 110g as of yesterday and he starting to wean himself off milk. It’s been a long journey with this little one but we now have a very strong and healthy little bun!

Attachments

• D0E3146D-9E08-4D80-870F-EC0E3222FBD8.jpeg
    D0E3146D-9E08-4D80-870F-EC0E3222FBD8.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Thank you for the kind message! We ended up calling our little bun ‘Peanut’ as a name after all the stress and confusion. I ended up bringing him inside morning and night and feeding him (he was also still feeding from mum) and he went from 60g to 110g as of yesterday and he starting to wean himself off milk. It’s been a long journey with this little one but we now have a very strong and healthy little bun!
Awe bless him, a little fighter! 🥰🤎🥰

Latest posts

Back