Poop help!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A & B

Reaction score
Is this something I should be concerned about? Their very squishy

I am not a professional- but I wouldn't be too concerned with that. Did anything in their diet change recently?

It doesn’t seem terrible if it’s just a turd here or there. I know from my experience, Sur will have some misshapen turds in her litter box but I’d say 98% normal. I’d be more concerned if NO poop or diarrhea- or if they stop eating/drinking.

I haven't switched over hay yet, and no new greens have been introduced into his diet in a week and a half.

I haven't switched over hay yet, and no new greens have been introduced into his diet in a week and a half.

Oh ok. I just remembered you were talking about doing this. How are his poos lately? If it was just those couple odd-shaped ones, it could've been residual from some greens. Is he getting the same diet every day or does he get some greens some days and not others?

His poos are doing good, besides some small poos here and there. He's tried many greens such as romaine lettuce, cilantro, bell peppers, spinich and broccoli. He gets 1 and a half cup of fresh greens divided into two feedings daily. He doesn't like bell peppers, or cilantro so he gets a piece of spinach in each meal, romaine lettuce and a little of broccoli. I plan on trying some parsley and red leaf lettuce this coming week and see if he likes them. I am slowly introducing timothy hay into his diet, and he likes it more than alfalfa which I found suprising.

It's great that he likes the timothy! Go easy on broccoli as it can cause gas. Both spinach and parsley should be on the "occasional" list (not daily).

You may already know this, but I'll repeat it just as an extra caution. When introducing either parsley or red leaf lettuce, be sure it is only one or the other this week. Wait several days after the daily introductions of one type before trying the other.

It's great that he likes the timothy! Go easy on broccoli as it can cause gas. Both spinach and parsley should be on the "occasional" list (not daily).

Why not spinach daily?? I bought a bag of mixed greens and Ajax loves them, and he's been getting a handful of that, which includes spinach. I haven't heard anything ify about spinach.

This from rabbit.org
Most of the fresh vegetables we feed rabbits have a low to zero level of oxalic acid, but a few, most notably parsley, mustard greens and spinach have relatively high levels.

His poos are doing good, besides some small poos here and there. He's tried many greens such as romaine lettuce, cilantro, bell peppers, spinich and broccoli. He gets 1 and a half cup of fresh greens divided into two feedings daily. He doesn't like bell peppers, or cilantro so he gets a piece of spinach in each meal, romaine lettuce and a little of broccoli. I plan on trying some parsley and red leaf lettuce this coming week and see if he likes them. I am slowly introducing timothy hay into his diet, and he likes it more than alfalfa which I found suprising.
Doesn’t like cilantro! My bun LIVES off of it. She’s the pickiest eater!!!!! I hate cilantro too— and I swear she knows it. She’ll eat her handful then come lick my face with her cilantro breath!!

Doesn’t like cilantro! My bun LIVES off of it. She’s the pickiest eater!!!!! I hate cilantro too— and I swear she knows it. She’ll eat her handful then come lick my face with her cilantro breath!!
He hates it which is good because i hate it. I got him some to try last week and he took a bite and jumped up and ran and hid! I felt so bad and thought something was wrong with him. Bunnies have such big personalities!

Oh they’re a hoot! She will shake her head when I tell her no! So sassy.
He hates it which is good because i hate it. I got him some to try last week and he took a bite and jumped up and ran and hid! I felt so bad and thought something was wrong with him. Bunnies have such big personalities!
oot

Back