Poo advice please.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kasb

Reaction score
I have had my buns nearly a week. They are sisters from the same litter. I have been advised to give them 120g pellets a day , hay and no greens for 7/10 days. One is larger than the other. The smaller one is having dodgy poos . Should I reduce the pellets?

She is a lot more energetic than her sister. Last night I had them out for a few hours put to boxes down with hay in it. She just played the while time while her sister played half the time and ate half the time

My first time having bunnies all advice welcome. Thank you

Black and loose. I find one every morning in their sleeping area which They don't normally seem to poop in. They are 9 weeks old. I kept them on the pellets they started on country value fruity nuggets.

Not sure if you are describing uneaten cecotropes? Here's a link showing various rabbit poos and what they are:
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_diseases/drop/Drp_en.htm

It is always good to keep them on the same pellets they are used to when bringing them to a new home. However now that you've had them almost a week, you could begin to transition them to a healthier pellet. The one they have now is too low in protein for young rabbits and too low in fiber as well. Here is a chart that compares various pellet foods for young rabbits:
http://www.therabbithouse.com/diet/rabbit-food-comparison.asp?diet=young&sortby=FoodBrand#chart

Yes that's what they are uneaten cecotropes.

I'll start transitioning them I wondered how long until I could do that.

Thank you :)

You should be able to start the transition now. Mix 3 parts of current pellets with 1 part of the new pellets. Feed that for a few days. Then mix equal parts of each for a few days, then 1 part old with 3 parts new for a few days. That should be enough to switch over to the new.

Latest posts

Back