Please Welcome Odin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shuu

Reaction score
Went to the show today. Was there about 20 minutes. Found a 3 month old Fawn buck and hauled butt outta there.

Gave him an alfalfa cube. He loved that.
odin1.jpg

odin2.jpg

odin6.jpg

His setup while he's in quarantine.
odin3.jpg

He started chowing down on pellets as soon as I filled up the feeder. What a pig.
odin5.jpg

Hehehe
odin4.jpg

We're going to the vet at 2:00. I'll past his weight then.. he's already bigger than Loki and Tyr at 3 months! _|?|O

What a sweetLooking boy he is , congradulations, the wait was wellworth it .

Oh, he is too cute!You will beamazed athow fast he will grow.I was looking at the girlslast nightand I'm just amazed at how quickly they have grown.Delilah was a tiny little 6 week old handful when I got her andnow she'shuge!But what a sweet baby you got!

Jen

Oh You poor thing!

Those scratches HURT! Lord knows there's a lot of strength andweight behindthose legs. I'm so sorry. Make sure you get some aloe or Vitamin-E oil on those cuts.

As to Odin -

:inlove: I feel weak :faint:

-Carolyn

Shuu,

Handle him a lot. Even those that pain is fresh in your mind from those scratches, pick him up often. As noted by the others, he'll grow very fast. They have to know from the early stages that no matter how muchthey fight you, You Will Win.

I always think of Buck Jones saying that you have to have the attitude ofThe Big Kahuna Rabbit. Never is that more important that trying topick up the bigger breeds.

Because Flemish are such babies, I truly think that they're more afraidof you picking them up and dropping them than they are of anything else. I have to move fast from getting Cali picked up and put into the babycradle position. Once there, she goes instantly into a trance, but gettingher there has caused some scrapes along the way. Luckily I held hera lot as she was growing, so we know how to handle each other now anddo so without any incidence.

WELCOME TO THE FLEMISH FAMILY.

They Truly Rock!

-Carolyn

Congratulations and welcome to Odin!Great name for a GIANT!Good luck with him! You willhave to handle him no matter WHAT he thinks!Gotta get himused to it... Even if it isn't his favorite thing, he hastoget used to it. (Believe me! You should see my stomach! LOL!) He'll get used to it...

Best wishes to the new baby! :great:

Thanks for the advice! I'm not afraidof scratches; they heal. I have enough trouble with Loki and Tyr and handling now and they're only 4 lbs! Have no worries, Odin will be handled plenty. I'd hate to suddenly realize how big he's become and I can't handle him. :?

Glad to hear it, Shuu!

You can't be afraid of Flemish. Although Believe Me - more people are than not! Most of my visitors that don't know rabbits get the look ofshock and fear on their faces when they see her.

You'll have to read Danielle Hayduk's article in this month's Rabbits Only Magazine ( http://rabbitpeople.com ) about introducing Joe Buttercup to people and her family.

He may give you a little nip to get your attention now and then. Many tend to do that. When/if he does, jump back and yell, "OWW!" He'll get thepoint. They do stop.

I might add that I have "Cali Clothes". When she was a baby and just getting to know me and the lay of the land, she would come up and nibble on my sweatshirt or jeans. They now have holes in them and I can't wear them out of the house. I love them. They're my most comfortable clothes! Anyway, that does stop.

I do have to warn all of my guests though: If Cali goes up and nudges you, pet her. If you don't, she'll tug on your pant leg or shoe - and when she tugs, you could find yourself with a hole in your pants or dent of your shoe. Their teeth are so sharp and they don't know how strong they are.

:bunnydance: The Fun is Just Beginning! :bunnydance:

-Carolyn

Thanks everyone!

I just got back from the vet. She gave me a bit of a scare. She was checking Odin's bits and I said to her, "It's a boy, right?" and she answered yes very slowly. After feeling around a bit more she said she couldn't feel any testicles. I thought the breeder had screwed up, but I was too attached to the rabbit now to exchange. Luckily she did find his boys, though. He sure pulled 'em up there!

He weights 3.5kg, 7.9lbs. His lungs sound great, good teeth, everything ingood health. He's a little head-shy at the moment and doesn't like having his mouth touched. I'll have to rid him of that fear.

We ended up going to a couple pet stores for toys and food and a bigger litter pan. I've never gotten so much attention in my life! Nor have I seen as many wide-eyed on lookers as when I told them he was 3 months.He got a lot of pats and attention on his first day home. He's resting in his cage now, probably chowing down on some grub.

I want a Flemish. :tantrum:No fair! But my family sees Mocha and Spice and think they're huge already.:ponder:

Wow Shuu, you are in for some fun with that Odin!!

3 1/2 Kg already? LOL Odin is bigger than my daugter when she was born LOL

Do you guys have pawpaw ointment there???

lucas_pawpaw_ointment.jpg

It's great for scratches, burns, dermatitis, nappy rash the whole lot.

Our whole family swear by it, (I am the biggest fan of it , it helped clear my dermatitia when I started hairdressing when nothing else would) anyway it'll fix those scratches.

Wow! My biggest boy, Spice, is 100 grams less than Odin and he's 2.5 years old!

What a cute lil boy. He sure reminds me of Meat Head our big boy. He is a fawn flemmie who is now 4 and half monthsold and weighs wopping 10 pounds.

Latest posts

Back