PLEASE HELP!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PepperGrl

Reaction score
Pepper is litterbox trained pretty well and shehasn't once peed anywhere on our carpet in our wholeapartment. But all we have to do is leave the room for asecond and she jumps up on our futon (couch) and pees. Everysingle time!!!! I don't understand why she is doingthis. She doesn't even try to jump up on the couch anymorewhen we are sitting there because she knows she is not allowed (shegets the watergun every time). But I am getting really sickof the fact that every time I turn around to do anything... she justjumps up to pee. Please help me understand why she does thiseven though she knows its wrong. I want to stop this butdon't know how. I don't think she is angry with me because Istill get plenty of bunny kisses, even though she is not as active asnormal because Butterscotch (our recently neutered male) has to sit inhis cage while she is out and she will sit by his cage for a majorityof the time. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jamie

Is she spayed? That might havesomething to do with it...to mark her territory.She could bedoing it repeatedly because she smells it from the time before...youshould use vinegar there. My bun peed on my bed once, but Ithink it was because she couldn't access her cage to use her litter box.

She loves you & is marking the spot whereyou sit, as hers. I used to throw a plastic tarp over my couch when igot up (used to have it laying across the back of the couch). My rabbitdidn't like the feel or sound of it and didn't like getting his feetwet when he peed. It didn't take long for him to stop doing it & Iwas able to remove the tarp.

Pez was doing that for a while but hasstopped. The material on our couch is microfibre and you canclean it with windex. I am thinking that he did not like thesmell of that, so it might have been that.

Susan

It is not your couch it is her's she is just letting you sit on it.

ed

She is not spayed yet... vet sayed she isn't oldenough yet. The couch is a futon, so it is like a matress...will vinegar still work? I guess my main worry is that maybeshe is doing it because she is angry. She actually just didit again about 5 minutes ago. I was in the kitchen making herbunny salad and the kitchen looks in into the living room. Iwas watching her hop around and then she hopped onto the couch and inthe 5 seconds it took me to get to her... yelling "down,no!"all the way... she peed on it!!!!!!!!! She hasjust been introduced to a puppy and bunny in the last few weeks but sheis very submissive and seems fine with the both of them. AndI think this has been happening before the new members but it didn'thappen as frequently. I'm just scared that I'm doingsomething wrong and this is her revenge! I don't know how totell. I will try a plastic cover though... that might work.

Jamie

edwinf8936 wrote:
It is not your couch it is her's she is just letting you sit on it.

ed
LOL!!!!! Don't I know it :mad: Thatlittle one is gonna be the end of me... but as much as she drives menuts, it makes me love her even more (she is my favorite and thebiggest pain in my butt... don't tell my other animals that :nonono:)

Jamie

Oh Sampson and I just started having thatbattle. He's driving me crazy. He's never peed onthe floor and always goes in his litter box. He can sit onthe bed with me for hours and nothing, but as soon as I leave the room,he hops onto the bed and pees. He did it 3 times betweenFriday and Saturday. I don't know what to do with him anymore.

Jen

PepperGrl wrote:
Pepper has done it three times today!!!!!! I feelyour pain:sad:
Is Pepper the bunny in your avatar? That's just littlepees. LOL Sampson is a Flemish, boy oh boy, does hepee a BIG puddle.

Jen

LOL... yeah that's Pepper... I do have a FrenchLop too and I'm not looking forward to his pees when he is fullgrown. It is nice to know I'm not the only one going throughthis! I will say you have it worse... but with the number oftimes she hops up there and pees in one day... maybe it all evensout! You gotta love em!!!!

Jamie

Pepper is beautiful! Yeah, he doesn'tdo it very often, just enough so I'm constantly washing sheets andquilts! I have to say, I've had it pretty easy withhim. His breeder had him litter trained when I got him at 8wks.

Jen

I swear I wash my futon cover everyday! I got lucky with my new bun Butterscotch too.He had never been introduced to a litter box (this is the one that wasneglected) and I stuck one in his cage and he has used it from thatpoint forward! Such a good little bunny... all he needed wassomeone to help him be a clean bunny :D!

Jamie

Wow, do I ever understand.Apollostarted peeing in front of Dale's couch and nothingwill deter him. He started it when Dale started his new job.Icould tired of yelling at him so now when he does it,he getsa time out while I break out the carpet cleaner.

Jen, I so understand Flemish pee. It's not spots it's a pond.

Tina

Willow is at that stage too, (she's 16-18 weeksold)......right on the corner of the couch where I sit and I was takingit prettypersonally. It's not a huge amount and I'm using oldtowels and a shot of Fabreez to take care of it.

It's funny because she will sit on my bed all day long with nothing more than a couple of pellets left behind:ponder:

That's actually how Poco got her name: it meant"small" and stood for "Pees On COuch". She used to do it all the timeas a baby, then she stopped. Until she did it a few months ago. Problemis I WAS LYING ON THE COUCH AT THE TIME! She peed right on me AND mybrand new Derek Jeter blanket!:growl: I thought "Wow, Poco is reallywarm. Hey, wait a minute! EEEEWWWWW!!"

Pepper is only about 15 weeks old so maybe shewill grow out of it. The little poops I don't have a problemwith but they peeing is staining my futon matress! I justhope it's a "teenager" phase she is going through. And rightnow she gets a time out every time she does it.

Jamie

Ginny had an episode of this about 4-5 monthsago... it drove me crazy and it was the first and last time I everyelled at her - guilt plauged me for eternity. I eventually discoveredthat she had pink eye so i concluded thatshe was just tryingget my attention. After her eyeball treatment the peeeing stopped asquickly as it started - yes really wierd.

However, she started up again a few weeks ago ( spring fever i think) Iimmediatly put up a barrier to the sofa ( after checking her eyeballsteeth feet and nose) and if she even looked atthe sofa Idtell her "nope.. you went peepee on mommys sofa,,, no sofa forbunnies., bunnies lost privlages, no sofas", andshe'dputone ear foward and give me this look likeshe was having an anxiety attack because she couldnt have her own way.Then Id pick her up and bring her to her toilet and shes do peepee andid tell her that good bunnies go in thier litterbox not the sofa lol

I took the barrier down last week, whever i seeginny upthere, i look ather and in a very warningful voice i say,"dont you dare peepee on mommys sofa or...mommys watchingyou". Sometimes i pick her up and bringher to her box to dopee and then i dont have toworry about it

Butshe has been good all week. Thishead bunny put her in her placelolol:dude:

White vinegar does wonders with that. It gets rid of the stain and the odor.

But like everyone says, she is doing it because she is marking herterrority. It's normal for them. I was so thrilled when Tiny B learnedthat she can use her chin glandinstead ofurinatingon things and pooping on them.

Now I"m getting worried because for the firsttime today she peed outside of her litterbox in the cage, and then whenI let her out she peed by Butterscotch's cage, a little on the carpet,and then I cleaned it up and she peed at Butterscotch's cage a fewseconds later. She also peed on the sofa again. Isit just me or is thatabnormal for a bunny to pee that manytimes in the wrong places in less than 5 minutes??? Is thissomething I should be worried about, as in her health??? Allpoops seem fine but what else should I look for. Pleasehelp! I'm scared for her. Maybe I"m justoverreacting.

Jamie

Latest posts

Back