PLEASE help me.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saffy

Reaction score
9 Ladies Stone Circle - Derbyshire, , United King
I have a Netherland Dwarf rabbit called Felix.

On Sunday he spent most of the day running round the garden, like heusually does when the weather is fine. We have no new plantsin the garden and although we have both ivy and laurel, he has nevermade a move to touch these plants. He has had nochange of diet either.

On Monday morning I came down to find that Felix had developed severediorreah during the night. It was so bad that it was up thewalls, everywhere. I washed him, made sure he hadwater and clean bedding and went to work.

Monday evening he had got worse. He was showing no interestin moving around, of eating or drinking. So we took him tothe vest who examined him and found that his abdomen was swolen andgassy ... she gave us anti biotics and some powdered food.

Since then he has got worse. He isnt passing any stools now.. yesterday he passed the odd one .. foul smelling, jelly like andwatery.

At times last night I thought he had died. I went to touchhim and his body felt stiff and cold (as though of a newly dead animal).... he would jerk rapidly from time to time but otherwise had noenergy.

This morning he sits in a little ball .. uninterested in anything andnot wanting to be held. If I hold him he goes floppy and wheni put him down he jerks.

Please help me.

hi saffy

wellcome to the board

can you not try and syringe feed him some water

he sounds dehydrated to me

im no expert but when it comes to bunnys being ill we do all we can

keep us posted

love varna xxxx

Thank you . Felix is now at thevets. They're keeping him in an incubator and giving himintravenious anti biotics, fluid and a glucose injection. Please let him be ok.

88060932926ad244a026ad96011c210609ec20fa3050c7499d6e85df.jpg

I'm sorry little Felix is sick. I hope he gets to feeling better.

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry it has to be under such a difficult time.

Tina

Welcome to the forum.

I'm so sorry your little one is so sick :( How old is he?

Thoughts and prayers are sent your way!!

Keep us posted!

~Jim

Sorry your little guy is sick. I hope he pulls through. he sounds like he is in good hands.

Cristy

I am no expert, but it sounds like GI Stasis tome. Carolyn or Pam would be able to tell you better and I hope they seethis thread.

Meanwhile, I'm going to find an older thread when Carolyn was dealingwith this with one of her rabbits - successfully I might add.

:(I'm so very sorry aboutFelix. He's so precious and I know it's heartbreaking thatyour baby is ill.

I am keeping him in prayer. Please let us know of any news.

It strikes me as it might be Mucoid Enteropathy,a condition the cause of which is not clearly known. It wouldbe even moreso if you noted him drinking a lot of water, but you don'tmention that so I could be wrong.

I think the vet is probably handling the situation as well as it can behandled at this point. Certainly, you have my prayers andconcern for him.

Keep us updated, please.

Buck

Thank you all so much ! My daughterwoke me earlier with a cup of tea, and said, "Mum, you wont believewhat lovely things they have said on the Rabbit Forum" ...

You've made me smile and appreciate - thank you.

Still no word from the Vet - no news is good news as they say - thoughI guess they will ring before this evening's surgeryends. I'll keep you all updated.

I just called the vets ... couldnt wait untilthey called me .. They're keeping him in overnight as he's not eating(which isnt surprising really) ... however he looks bright they say ...so, fingers crossed ..

Many many thanks for all the kind thoughts coming my way .. it really has helped !

Latest posts

Back