PLEASE help me.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am just so sad. I hoped when I saw news on this thread it would be that Felix would be coming home and well.

I truly am so very sorry for the loss of your little pal.

OMG...I'm so sorry:(

I was so sure he would make it.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

We've lost buns, too and realize how hard it is. I'll bump up the theadfor the Rainbow Bridge, you may find some comfort in reading the poemat the beginning.

Be confident, though, that he is now happy and healthy. He's over theRainbow Bridge in the company of all the others that have passed. Hewill be waiting for the day that he sees you again so he can jump intoyour arms and cover your face with bunnie kisses.

Binkie free little man!

***tears*** :~( Jim

Oh Saffy, I'm so sorry.

I hadn't seen this post. My heart breaks for you and yourdaughter.You certainly did everything you could totry to help Felix.

I'm so very very sorry.

-Carolyn

Oh no this is terrible. I am so so sorry. I was really hoping he would make it. Your poor daughter, I bet she is heartbroken.

I was really hoping the morning would bring good news........again I am so sorry.

Prayers go out to your family.

Vickie

Saffy wrote:
He was too young to leave. :X

I don't think there's any age that it does seem fair.

Our Copper was only about 10 weeks old when we lost him. We had him foronly about a week. I still miss him and think about him often.

The wise and caring members of this forum can help you through this, so stay with us.

~Jim

That's the hardest part about having rabbits, I think. Their lives are so short.

No doubt, Felix was too young to leave. I couldn't agree more.

-Carolyn

Saffy wrote:
Your kindness is a comfort. Thank you.

He was too young to leave. :X

I'm sorry saffy we had a budgie who dies young and even when he wascrawling around on the bottom of his cage i really believed he would befine i was heartbroken when we had toput him down.

*hugs*, I know its soon to be thinking about another bun but when u doif you adopt an older one you know they do not have any illnesses thatare in the breed. How is your daughter coping?

I'm so sorry for your loss. I wasreally hoping for good news here. My thoughts and prayers arewith you and your family.

There is this great quote by Sir Walter Scott, I'll try to find theexact thing when I get home later, but it is something like: I've oftenthought about the reason for the shortness of [animals] lives, and I'vedecided it is in compassion for the human race, for if we suffer soafter a losing a friendof just 10 or 12 years, what would itbe in double that time?

Jen

Another fifty minutes and Hollie will behome. I know I shouldn't have, but she was so upset onTuesday that I let her stay home with me and nurse Felix. Shewas a huge help and between us, we set the alarm to wake one or theother of us during the two nights he was at home.

I was SO optimistic last night. I even "told" Felix that wewould think about a little friend for him in the summer.

I dropped Hollie off at school this morning, asking her firstly if shewould like to pop and see Felix with me (the vets is near her school)but she declined.

"I've often thought about the reason for the shortness of [animals]lives, and I've decided it is in compassion for the human race, for ifwe suffer so after a losing a friendof just 10 or 12 years,what would it be in double that time?"

SO TRUE !

Sleep well my little man.

Saffy. I have just logged on for a minute to send you this reply.

I have been thinking about your daughter while I have been vacuumingand was remembering how hard it was for me when I lost my cat at herage. I was devastated. Now I don't want to come acrossasrushing you into doing anything if your not ready to do,but do you think a new rabbit would help your daughter come to termswith her loss. A new pet can never replace a dear departed one, but Ithink it may help her and ease the pain especially with her only beinga child.

It is just an idea, obviously you know her better than anyone. If youlet her have the next couple of days to grieve for him and then maybeat weekend take her to a shelter or something just to have alook and if she happens to fall in love with one then I thinkit will really help her.

The next couple of days are going to be hard for you all. I will bepraying for you! Be sure to mention little Felix in the Rainbow Bridgepost that Jim bumped up for you, along with his picture.

Vickie

My daughter stayed home the day after. She has also lost 2 hamsters that were very dear to her. She was very upset.

Time will help...but it will take time.

And you may feel up to a new little fuzzie by the summer.... ..or sooner.

~Jim

I'm so sorry Saffy...........I thought Felix wasgetting better at the vets. Felix should be fine now atRainbow Bridge, in his own private garden.

Rainbows to Felix :(

Saffy, I am so sorry to hear that you lost Felix.

I know of at least two bunnies that will be keeping Felix company overthe bridge. Missing them never gets "easier", but I promise it will getbetter.

*HUGS* to you and your daughter

Latest posts

Back