Please Help! Cage and Free Range trouble

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helena

Reaction score
So im a teen and totally in love with bunster my woolly jersey. But i feel so guilty! My bunny has a cage 3 feet by 2 feet and is in there most of the time. I will NOT put her outside even though my dad has gone very close to ordering to do so. I cant let her have free roam due to cord chewing (she chews everything)which has already cost me so much money (which i dont have much of). I am literally breaking down cause i know im an awfull bunny mom but what do i do? Her cage is in a wood floored room and i cant let her have constant free roam on the wood floor cause my dad and mom are scared she gonna ruin it. She almost got kicked out because once i used a play pen for her cage(it bigger than her normal one) and she slid it onto the wood floor. Ugh, im freaking out! PLEASE help me find something inexpensive that can sove my problems. Even though yall are awesome i dont know if anything can solve this one. Thanks.

Sure! There are options. What you'll want to do is create a base for the ex-pen space that will protect the floors.

Start with any old rug (approx size of the new enclosure). Then get a piece of plywood the size you can fit with the ex-pen (possibly with extra pen panels?). [That rug will be under the plywood so that the plywood can't damage the wood flooring.] You lay lino down on top of the plywood and then border the plywood with something like 2 x 3s. Those 2 x 3s will serve two purposes. They will cover the edge of the lino so bunny can't chew it. And it will keep the pen from slipping onto your wood flooring. In other words, it keeps the pen on top of the lino on the pen floor.

I believe someone on here made such a cage. I'll see if I can find a photo.

In the meantime, the cage in this photo is actually a bit small but the wood base gives a sort of visual of what I'm trying to describe. Of course the wood base would be on the floor (over a rug) rather than raised.
cubecage.jpg

Aaah... scroll down to Rhianna's post on this page:
https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/2018-cages.88690/page-2

She has a wood floor she's trying to protect. She has a plastic pen instead of a wire one, but either can work. They created a floor with the lino that is bordered with PVC rather than a 2x3. It's hard to notice the border because it is the same color as the pen. But it is the same general idea and protects the wood floor.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back