Please fellow rabbit lovers - tell me I?m not crazy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was looking for a place to live, I alwaysdescribed them as caged rabbits. Very well trained and onlyout under superivision. And if the landlord seems a bithesitant on animals, I wouldn't even mention that they come out.

It takes more effort, but it's worth it in the end to find a place for both you and your animals.

One thing that I found helpful was to have pictures of how clean thecage was, so they can see how my babies are litter trained.And could you get your current landlord to write your rabbits a letterof reference? You could then show the pictures along with thereference letter to any potental landlords, giving them proof that yourbuns won't wreck the place.

Good luck. Have you tried Criagslist(http://newyork.craigslist.org/)there's lots of housing and pet friendly people on there.

--Dawn

You have not lost your mind! They just don'tunderstand your love for rabbits. Keep searching, I'm sure there areother appartments out there that will let you keep your babys.

In the past I've been told that I'm waisting my money and time bycaring for my Bunny and Pigs. I am offended by such thoughtlessstatements. I respond by telling them that they arewaistingTHEIR money and time by driving a car, living in ahouse, eating, brushing their teeth or wearing underwear. How dare theysay I'm WAISTING money and timeby doing somthing thatmakesME extremely happy. WhatI do with my time andmoney is my business, not theirs. :toastingbuns

Warm regards,

Boo Boo's personal assistant

hey I just saw this. Of course you are notcrazy. i would do the same. Anyone who takes on apet should be committed to looking after it for its whole life, notjust until it becomes inconvenient like some people do. If Iwas your dad I would be proud of you for being responsible about youranimals.

We have a garden bunny and pet rats, and it tookus twice as long to find a place as we would have liked, but wewouldn't give them up for the world. It was really annoying when wethought we had found a place only for the agents to say oh sorry nopets even though they knew we only wanted to look at placeswhere we could live with our pets!!!

Places to live come and go (I know I've moved 4 times in as many years)and you always find the right place eventually, but pets are for life!:bunnyheart

Yay!! That's so exciting!

My landlady's youngest son absolutly loves my buns. Everytimehe sees me he wants to come in and visit the buns. It's sonice to live in a house hold where animals are appreciated.

Congratulations!!

--Dawn

AnnaS wrote:
would your friends give up their cats and dogs to move? I am sure they won't.
That was exactly what I was thinking. You hear of people all the timenot moving in to places because they wouldn't let them keep theirdog/cat. But because were talking about rabbits then that's crazy? Ithink not! I'm just as attached to my bunnies as I would be to anyother kind of pet. So yes, you did the right thing!

I really feel for those who rent and have these issues! We couldn'thave pets in either of the apartments we lived in. I was so relievedwhen we bought our house and could have pets without anyone breathingdown our necks!

You haven't lost your mind!!!

I have to go at Australia for a year and I just found out that it willbe impossible to bring my bun and I am devastated. Everyone thought Iwasnuts for even making that a consideration, I was preparedto work overtime to pay the quarantine, vet and travel bills for Hazel.When I first found out I had the opputunity to go, I said 'that'samazing, but I have to think about Hazel..'

Everyone was like "It's just a RABBIT"

But it's not "just a rabbit", she's my baby! I'd probably even considerchanging the trip if I didn't know I could rely on fellow bunny loversand owners to take care of her!!!

Good luck with the apartment!!!!

:bunnydance:

ohh that is awesome that you found somewhere forthe both of you,it must be a big reliefe of your mind :),to me i thinkit would be the most hardest thing to say goodbye to my bunnies and toknow that i would never see them again

that is a good thing you have done by sticking by your bunny :D

cheryl

Latest posts

Back