Pipp Has Major Poopy Butt :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
I'm sick,haven't slept morethana couple hours (at best) in the last 24, and now Pippdecides to get a massive case of poopy butt. She hadnearlya two inch wad of cecalson her bum, and thereare long chunks of the stuffall overmybedand floor.

She was particularly needy earlier today (ie:grooming meconstantly, which is one reason I haven't slept) before I realized howbad it was, now she's under the bed, althoughshe came runningout for the rattle of the oat bag (I only gave her a flake or two).

Her timing sucks. :(

sas

Poor Pipp and sas. Does she get this often? Maybe shes stressing because youre sick?

I hope you both get well soon.:hug2: Let us know if theres anything we can do to help. :sickbunny:

When I had poopy butts,(mushy, like pudding) with Pebbles, I cut wayback with her vegetables andlimited her pellets. Igave her more pumpkin and madesure shegets herhay.Oatshelped firmup the poops.

I don't give Pebbles as much vegetablesnow, as I found out there is abalance between having too muchvegetables and getting poopy butts.

Make sure Pipp stays hydrated. How is her teeth?

Rainbows! Worried about Pipp. :cry2

Oh. Pipp!:(Your mom needs her rest right now!!

It's no fun being sick AND having to tend to the buns...(very punny, huh:))

Maybe a dry/cornstarch bath would work for now....until you feel up to a full out attack on the poopy-butt.

Feel better sas!

~Jim

Poor Pipp! Maybe she knows you are sick and itis stressing her. I am and Connor wants to stay with me. (He does everytime I am sick)Problem, Bree came with poopy butt, Ringoneeds to be cleaned. Guess whos job that is. Connor can't be with metill I am done with them. So he is in his cage tossing everything.

:purplepansy::pink iris::clover::rose::pinkpansy:I feel for you Sas.Major hugs. :purplepansy::pink iris::clover::rose::pinkpansy:

Aliciaand The Zoo Crew! (2007)andBreethe The Moo Cow Bunny

Greetings Pipp!

So sorry to hear that you and Pipp aren't feeling well.Sometimes Tucker gets empathy sickness when I'm down and outtoo. As you know, keep an eye on the cecals. If itgoes on too long, it could be a sign of other problems. PetBunny's advice to limit the pelletsandvegetablesand increase the hay and perhaps give some greenleafy vegetables.

As to you....sleep sleep sleep! That and plenty offluids. I hope you are soon over this. It's such ahorrible thing to feel that badly. You forget whatit's like to feel "normal".

You two take care of each other. Will say a prayer thatyou're soon back on your feet chasing those little innocent bunniesaround the house again.

:runningrabbit::run:

Lots of good advice given.

Jordi is the poopy butt queen and we're contsantly playing trial anderror to see what will cause the poopy butt. Did Pipp get into thecraisins ;)?

:kiss:to both of you.

So sorry for not updating... I actually wasn't sure...

But now that I finally got her litterbox clean (and a new spot, thebottom shelf of my bookshelf :growl:) she has poops the size of apinhead, so I guess not so good. :(

She's still blowing cecals. Definitely cecaldysbiosis. My fault, seeing as I was too sick tomake her salad the other night and gave her extra pelletsinstead. :cry4:

PB, thanks for the reminder re: the pumpkin, she ate a small bowl ofsome yesterday, I'll be trying more of that today.

Carolyn, I'm trying leafy greens, she never eats hay. She'sin lockdown at the moment. I'm hoping she'll get bored enoughto eathay. (Ha). I'm going to have to seeif eating pellets is worse than eating nothing. All I couldget her to eat last night was a few carrot tops and a couple squareinches or so of kale. (I did drag myself out to the veggiestore for all her favourites even though I had a house sitting on mychest).

I'll have to go out again for some pedialyte.

Thanks for all your wishes.

sas :imsick:

Ack! No poops at all, and she's noteating a thing. She's lethargic and only wants to hide underthe bed. :(

I really should have been on top of this days ago, she's probably in full blown stasis now. :banghead

I'll be hauling out the syringe. She won't even eat pellets now. :nerves1

I still never know in these cases whether it's better to feed her morestarch and sugar over nothing at all. I may be able to gether to eat oats and drink juice, but that's what started theimbalance. :sigh

I guess for now it's pumpkin.

sas :(

Latest posts

Back