Pine bedding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cartoonist 35

Reaction score
boy pine bedding might be cheap but it sticks to my Lola's fur coat and I have to comb it out of her , another thing when I change her bedding or pine litter I put in the compost pile instead of throwing it in the trash

do you do the same?

Pine bedding really isn't the greatest thing to use for rabbits. I use the pine pellets, because they're cooked and when cooked the phenols come out of the pine and its safe to use with rabbits. I'm not sure where you are, but you should be able to find pine pellets at feed stores or tractor supply. They're about $4-$8 per 40 lb bag.

I compost these pellets, they break down really well. When they get wet they turn into saw dust and it doesn't stick in fur.

this bag of pine bedding is processed and all the oils and irrants are removed.

her fur is fine and silky it it sticks to her fur
I try the paper pulp litter that sticks too but and cost much
they use rabbits pellets for lizard bedding

this bag of pine bedding is processed and all the oils and irrants are removed.

her fur is fine and silky it it sticks to her fur
I try the paper pulp litter that sticks too but and cost much
they use rabbits pellets for lizard bedding

If you're using bedding all over then my advice is useless besides find another bedding that works for you but if it's just the litter box then you can get a litter box screen so the litter can't get on her. I don't use bedding all over the cage as it's not necessary if you have a litter trained rabbit, I can only imagine the wads of cash spent into so much bedding. I just use fleece over wood flooring that's covered with linoleum in case of an accident. If your rabbit takes to eating the fleece on a regular basis though then you wouldn't use it cause eating fabric isn't good.

We normally use kiln dried pine, but with the longer haired breeds, I hand shred newspaper and it seems to work fine when torn in long strips--pack it down and use PLENTY.

Try using aspen bedding. It is safer than pine and shouldn't stick to the fur as much as pine. Maybe the pine is sticking because it's processed... I have no idea but I hope you try aspen and are successful :)

Latest posts

Back