pictures of my flemish giants first litter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will have to try and double check that she is a doe. I was just going off what I was told from the breeders. that is one thing I have not checked was here lenght. I have measured here ears and they are just over 6in. also most of these picture were taken a few months back so she is bigger now when she lays down. I also changed her food last month she is now on Purina Professional (grey bag) so hope that help add some wieght and makes her coat nicer. I thought about doing a mix of profession and show together. and thank you all for your comments on the babies and help with both of my bunnies. I am tring to learn the most that I can and you guys are a great help to that

Bella, to me looks like a cross with a French Lop. The ear wanting to lop, and the shorter ears, and just the way she is sitting in the first pic. She's beautiful no matter what though.

I was told that Bella's ear was damaged when the original owners got her. They said That the breeders son picked her up by her ear and it has alway been ment over since then.

Here are some picture I took of them today. they are 3 days old in the pictures.

baby5.jpg

baby2.jpg

And this one ran back into the hair to try and hide
baby1.jpg

next photo update will be wednesday when they are a week old

Oh my word.....I LOVE them. I've always wanted a harlequin flemish (after having seen one). I wasn't sure if I'd ever see one again...I'll enjoy watching them grow.

Well there ya go, Peg! I'd bet the OP would sell ya one! :)

Very cute, djluster!!

What's interesting to me is that they're Japenese Harlequin colored w/ the orange. Maybe Crystal can explain how that happened? :)

amdfarm wrote:
Well there ya go, Peg! I'd bet the OP would sell ya one! :)

Very cute, djluster!!

What's interesting to me is that they're Japenese Harlequin colored w/ the orange. Maybe Crystal can explain how that happened? :)
It has to do with the "e" gene (there are five sets of genes that we look at in breeding - A, B, C, D & E....

Both parents would have had to have an "e" gene (versus "E" gene) or an "ej" gene for the harlequin (hard to explain at this hour of the morning).

WHY do you have to be so far away!?!? i want one!

beautiful babies! i can't wait to see more of them as they grow!

here are some pictures I took today they are 11 days old and there eyes where open the 2 in the pictures are very healthy. one of the 3 is very sick and dont think it will make it. I posted a question in the sick area about the other one.

so here is updated pictures 11 days
newbunny3.jpg

newbunny1-1.jpg

newbunny4.jpg

newbunny2.jpg

I will work on better pictures next couple days

thesse little ones are 3 weeks today and they are growing big fast. Today was the first day I really notice that they were going in and out of there nesting box. How long should I leave it in for.I will wait one more week before I add more pictures.

ok here is there 4 week pictures. they are getting big. they grow alot each day. they have started to eat pellets and drink out of the water bottle on there own. I have removed the nesting box since they stopped using it.

photo3.jpg

photo-3.jpg

bunny one
photo4-1.jpg

Bunny two
photo2-1.jpg

The black and orange one is Texan at heart...I can tell that. He/she needs to come "home" to Texas and be with my flemish herd.....

:D

ok Here this little ones. I tried to sex them today, but since this is my first litter I am not sure yet But from what I can tell so far I have one of each

Baby one think male
new199.jpg

new203.jpg

Baby two think Female
new200.jpg

new204.jpg

Few more week then i will start weening and sell these cute one. I am hoping to be able to get a pair of Dutch to breed

Oh my goodness - I am in love with them - I wish I lived nearby and could buy them.

How much do they weigh - just curious since we had been debating a bit about if they were full flemish if I remember right.

Latest posts

Back